• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

NavManager

This is really necessary, I don't care who codes it. ;) Nice work on this though!
Agreed... navigation is a huge issue with this software. The ability to create tabs and default tabs for content, assigning sub-nav items and dropdown items... quite a nightmare to deal with.

IMHO, I think the nav system needs to be completely integrated for XF functionality, ie. categories, forums and pages, then the ability to assign custom sources to a tab via the system.

Agreed... navigation is a huge issue with this software. The ability to create tabs and default tabs for content, assigning sub-nav items and dropdown items... quite a nightmare to deal with.

Well now we have Jake Bunce's nodes-as-tabs.
I now have tabs exactly as I want them, with secondary links.
The most useful is my admin tab with direct links to my admin favorite links.

I doubt we'll see integration with core any time soon. For one thing the thrust is into the Resource Manager for some time yet.
For another where there is a competent addon there is less urgent need for core development.

Top Bottom