1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NavBar Links

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by DieselMinded, Jul 29, 2010.

?

NavBar Style

1. Dual Stage Links (current)

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. Drop Down Boxes

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. DieselMinded

DieselMinded Active Member

Im not a big fan of the Dual Stage links to where the 2nd level changes with a tab change , why not just do drop down boxes ?

vb4 nav bar is a disaster , cant even edit the tabs let alone decide whats under them

2. Floris

Floris Guest

I am undecided. There are simply too many options to display comfortably .. I want to be on forums and click what's new .. and not having to click on forums first, to get to what's new ..

3. DieselMinded

DieselMinded Active Member

thats a good point ! Home , New Posts and PM reply should all be 1 click

4. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

We have various thoughts about how to deal with this - but what you see now is not the final version, I want to be able to access the links under each tab without a page reload.

5. Anthony Parsons

Anthony Parsons Well-Known Member

I don't mind the sub-stage nav, providing its done at industry standards, ie. RocketTheme have a great sub-nav built-in with Gantry. Speaking of, I would actually say their multi-nav method selection is one of the best I have seen in the design industry for some time, being you can change it from dropdown to sub-nav to block with a simple selection.

IMHO, the important thing is that the nav is extremely easily customisable. I ripped out the vb nav and replaced it with my own, and what a speed improvement it made just removing that thing and relying on pure CSS, hand coded navigation.

6. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

Why not make it similar to when you hover over your username/Inbox/Alerts on the right of the header? Both sides would have similar behavior and wouldn't require anything "new" for the user to learn.