Naked XenForo [Deleted]

Adam Howard

Adam Howard submitted a new resource:

Naked XenForo (version 1.1.3) - Default XenForo Optimized

I've actually had a few people ask about this and so to better help the community, I've done the work for people (1 less step for others).

"Naked" XenForo is basically the default XenForo Skin without all the many images and extras that give the default XenForo Skin that glossy (glassy) look to it.

It's basically stripped down (naked) to the core basics of only the essentials 4 images (logo, default avatar, 2 sprites) and removes everything else.

This good for people who...

Read more about this resource...

Question: I have X issue with this skin?

Answer: This skin is only the default XenForo with the images taken out.

This skin has
  • No file edits
  • No added code
  • No removed code
  • No added images
If you're having any issues; it is like having issues with the default XenForo skin... ie... The fault lies else where. And as such no support given and look for the error else where.

Thanks Adam, I have downloaded it and going to give it a go.

Was looking for the most basic style as I want to copy my own current design without the extra stuff that was added to it (wrongly :D) in the last weeks.

Thanks for sharing!

Looks good. A lot faster and no real loss of anything with the images gone. Makes you wonder why the images were even there to begin with.

Looks good. A lot faster and no real loss of anything with the images gone. Makes you wonder why the images were even there to begin with.
The images were added by XenForo to give it that "glossy finish look". And sometimes the "semi-transparent" look as well.

If you're not worried about that (as I'm not typically), then yes, this alternative design makes for a good style.

Its also good for people who maybe in countries where high speed internet isn't as wide spread. This style is very fast & well optimized for people still on old dial-up.

Arguably, it can also be used as a "bare minimum" framework for those looking to make their own style (having the default photos already removed).

I would like to have a naked version without avatars, is it possible? My forum is about mobile phones and for older phones I would like to offer a style as light as possible.

I would like to have a naked version without avatars, is it possible? My forum is about mobile phones and for older phones I would like to offer a style as light as possible.
Closest thing I can think of would be to edit some code

message_user_info

search for

PHP:
    <xen:hook name="message_user_info_avatar" params="{xen:array 'user={$user}', 'isQuickReply={$isQuickReply}'}">
        <div class="avatarHolder">
            <span class="helper"></span>
            <xen:avatar user="$user" size="m" />
            <!-- slot: message_user_info_avatar -->
        </div>
    </xen:hook>

and comment it out by wrapping it around with these tags.

PHP:
<xen:comment>  </xen:comment>

By default the avatars need to be there. So this "tweak" will suppress them from display.

Adam Howard updated Naked XenForo with a new update entry:

XenForo 1.2 beta 3 update

If you're using XenForo 1.1.x you can find the previous version here
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/naked-xenforo.1216/history

Unlike past version where there was no template edits, the follow listed edits were made to "comment out" some photos which XenForo Development has coded into the templates - vs - originally being in the style properties.
  • attached_files.css
  • discussion_list.css
  • inline_mod.css
  • message.css
  • message_simple.css
  • navigation_sidebar.css
  • thread_view.css
  • title_prefix_edit.css
  • user_banners.css
  • xenforo_data_table.css
  • xenforo_popup.css
This release only includes the standard Naked XenForo release and not the additional Naked XF Trebuchet MS release which will not be released until XenForo 1.2 Final.

Feedback is always welcome :)

Read the rest of this update entry...

Adam Howard updated Naked XenForo with a new update entry:

XenForo 1.2.1 update

Updated for XenForo 1.2.1

This version keeps the default fonts.

There will no longer be a font change version and all future versions will keep the default fonts (you can easily change it yourself if you like).

The follow templates have been edited to remove not needed photos. They photos have only been safely commented out, you can easily remove the comment or revert the template if you wish.
  1. attached_files.css
  2. attachment_editor.css
  3. discussion_list.css
  4. inline_mod.css
  5. message.css
  6. message_simple.css
  7. navigation_sidebar.css
  8. thread_view.css
  9. title_prefix_edit.css
  10. user_banners.css
  11. xenforo_data_table.css
  12. xenforo_popup.css
Please remember that the original author of this style is XenForo Ltd. This is only a modified version of the original default style which removes the extra white or off white photos.

As such the only copyright is XenForo's copyright and much remain unless you have purchased the branding removal from XenForo. You are unauthorized to remove it otherwise.

Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010-2013 XenForo Ltd.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom