[n] Best Answer / Q&A System

[n] Best Answer / Q&A System [Paid] 1.1.2

No permission to buy (£25.00)
Robust updated Best Answer / Q&A System with a new update entry:

Added an importer for Mark Posts as Best Answer, added trophy support, multiple bug fixes. READ DESC

This update features multiple feature additions and bug fixes.
  • Support to import from Mark Posts as Best Answer. IMPORTANT: Please read the main description for information on importing from this add-on. This is not a traditional update process, but it is not hard either. As always, please create backups before importing. The importer is in beta, but by creating a backup no harm will be created....

Read the rest of this update entry...

Version 1.0.2 released. Please download it from Apantic's Product area.

Changelog: https://www.apantic.com/community/products/best-answer-q-a-system.6/changelog

Once again, disclaimer, I didn't mean to release this update today, as the importer has not been tested with larger installations (only small ones, and it worked successfully there). If you are importing from Mark Posts as Best Answer please make a full backup (database backup minimally). Follow the upgrade instructions in the main post very carefully.

1) How to translate the "BEST ANSWER" badge inside the post?

2) Alerts are empty. Just show hours, no message.

Last edited:
1) How to translate the "BEST ANSWER" badge inside the post?

2) Alerts are empty. Just show hours, no message.
Hi,

1) It's a phrase. Edit the phrase bestanswer_badge
2) Screenshot please. I'm not seeing any troubles on our demo board with alert functionality.

You're going to hate me, I think.

Put in 1.0.2. Now when we try and vote we get:

Code:
Server Error

Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'vote_weight' in 'field list'

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in BestAnswer/Model/Vote.php at line 100
BestAnswer_Model_Vote->votePost() in BestAnswer/ControllerPublic/Post.php at line 27
BestAnswer_ControllerPublic_Post->actionBestAnswer() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/davidn/public_html/xenforo/index.php at line 13

You're going to hate me, I think.

Put in 1.0.2. Now when we try and vote we get:

Code:
Server Error

Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'vote_weight' in 'field list'

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in BestAnswer/Model/Vote.php at line 100
BestAnswer_Model_Vote->votePost() in BestAnswer/ControllerPublic/Post.php at line 27
BestAnswer_ControllerPublic_Post->actionBestAnswer() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/davidn/public_html/xenforo/index.php at line 13
Did you upgrade? Try uninstalling and installing it from scratch.

There is a problem and I think probably it's a bug. Because users can vote their posts? In fact, they should not use this for their self. I mean, users can't vote their posts, they cannot see "vote" links in message areas...

There is a problem and I think probably it's a bug. Because users can vote their posts? In fact, they should not use this for their self. I mean, users can't vote their posts, they cannot see "vote" links in message areas...
Nope, they can't. Been like this since version 1.0.0

Screen Shot 2015-05-27 at 01.12.27.webp

There are some changes that need to be made to the vote button though. Minor bug fix - the Vote button being shown even if it's your post. Will be patched in 1.0.3 tomorrow.

Vote Question:
Assume some one asking: How to install an Add On?.
And then another user has the same question also, then he find this thread and hope to get the solution. But sadly, yet no answer.
So what to do? In another software (not in xenforo Add On) there is a feature to Vote a question. It means he ask the same question too. Vote Question button only available at the first post of the thread. Each user can only vote once. By this way, we can see how many users ask the same question. This is a demo in wordpress: forum view and this is in thread view
0627a0029c0c0881c476895948b74052.png

By this way, we can also short thread with the Most Ask Qusetion.

Thanks @Robust, hope you understand what i mean and want to implement it. :)

@SoeHoe I see what you mean regarding that. Something like "I want to know this too!" right? Right now, you can use Post Ratings by @Luke Foreman to do this I guess. It won't be the exact same but in the top post it will show how many people want to know it too. Otherwise, I can add this feature in sometime. The problem is I don't want to add bloat that few people will use. Create a thread on Apantic's forums in the Best Answer category (https://www.apantic.com/community/forums/general-discussion-and-suggestions.6/) and people can give thought there. Depending on demand, it could be something that will be added.

@SoeHoe I see what you mean regarding that. Something like "I want to know this too!" right? Right now, you can use Post Ratings by @Luke Foreman to do this I guess. It won't be the exact same but in the top post it will show how many people want to know it too. Otherwise, I can add this feature in sometime. The problem is I don't want to add bloat that few people will use. Create a thread on Apantic's forums in the Best Answer category (https://www.apantic.com/community/forums/general-discussion-and-suggestions.6/) and people can give thought there. Depending on demand, it could be something that will be added.

If people just get other addons what that person requests can be done in a variety of creative ways. Your post ratings addon was a good idea - likewise, people can also use the "Similar Threads" addon to see what other questions might be floating out there, too.

I like your "as bloat free as possible" approach.

An update will come out today with numerous bug fixes, feature additions (voting power, rebuilding options, etc.)

Robust updated Best Answer / Q&A System with a new update entry:

1.0.3 update with new features, important, visual bug fixes and tweaks.

This update features new features and bug fixes.
  • Importer from Mark Posts as Best Answer declared fully functional. As with any version, please make backups of your database before importing your data over.
  • Vote weighting feature added. This allows different usergroups to have a different voting power, so their votes can have more or less points added on. The permission for this is under...

Read the rest of this update entry...

As asked by @Russ, a feature has been added to delay the time for a best answer to be chosen in the thread. This is configurable. So users can vote but a best answer will be chosen after x hours. This allows for the best answer add-on to be much more flexible, and do things like serve as a contest, where users vote for their favourite entry and a winner is chosen after x hours (or usually a week, so 7 * 24)

This change the badge text at message minidisplay (top of thread) but don´t change the badge text in post marked as best answer.
Sorry about that. It now uses the phrase bestanswer_badge as well, and will be released in the next update (coming later today). Update this afternoon will also show the best answer count in the post (optionally) and on user profiles. Essential functionality imo.

Top Bottom