[n] Best Answer / Q&A System

[n] Best Answer / Q&A System [Paid] 1.1.2

No permission to buy (£25.00)
Deleting a post normally will remove its best answer status. But I'm guessing you want a manual option to remove a post's best answer points? Or completely stop it from being voted for?
Just the ability to remove specific votes.. Sometime (actually often) a member will mark a post as a best answer when in reality its simply their favorite post.. this cheapens and really defeats the purpose of a best answers system if the results are often not even close to a best answer.

Just the ability to remove specific votes.. Sometime (actually often) a member will mark a post as a best answer when in reality its simply their favorite post.. this cheapens and really defeats the purpose of a best answers system if the results are often not even close to a best answer.
Not sure about that one. I understand removing all the votes on a post, or removing the ability for a post to be marked as a best answer (if it's complete trash), but listing votes and letting you delete some may become a bit of a performance problem if there are a lot of best answer votes. That said, I can probably add a moderator feature to remove a certain amount of bestanswer points, but that would take quite a bit of database layout changes, since the database layout right now wouldn't support that.

@DaniD @Alfa1 Trophy support has been added and will be added (along with vote weighing support) in version 1.0.2, which should be released today. Screenshots attached.

Screen Shot 2015-05-26 at 14.52.21.webp

Screen Shot 2015-05-26 at 14.52.55.webp

Edit: Another feature. Once the thread has received an answer (or the best answer changes) the thread poster will receive an alert. This is configurable.

Last edited:
Not sure about that one. I understand removing all the votes on a post, or removing the ability for a post to be marked as a best answer (if it's complete trash), but listing votes and letting you delete some may become a bit of a performance problem if there are a lot of best answer votes. That said, I can probably add a moderator feature to remove a certain amount of bestanswer points, but that would take quite a bit of database layout changes, since the database layout right now wouldn't support that.
I appreciate the reply and explanation.. that alone has me considering switching.. Ill keep my eyes open for an importer..

An importer from Mark Posts as Best Answer is almost done. I'll need to do some testing before releasing it, so I'm guessing the next update will have it included (1.0.2) The update will have the features mentioned above added, as well as a different rebuild tool (using defer better).

Edit: There's going to be a limitation of the installer. Vote weighting (any votes with a value higher than 1) will not be carried over, this is because that add-on doesn't record it separately, which this one does. The way I can make it work would be an awful way - editing post weighting for a single vote for a post until it matches its post weighting overall before. Not really a practical way to do it really.

Edit #2: You'd never guess... Both add-ons have the same directory name and addon ID. I've changed the add-on ID of mine, but directory structure wouldn't exactly be feasible. The importing instructions for this add-on are gonna be a little funny.

Last edited:
Done. I've tested it locally, and it worked, but I'm not sure how it'd work for live forums. If anyone is interested in providing me with a database dump or a test board (replica of the original board) where I can install it and see if the importer works completely (I don't have access to the database directly this way) that'd be greatly appreciated. I don't want to release it without being sure it'll work.

Edit: Importing instructions added to the original resource description towards the end of the post. 1.0.2 will follow today or tomorrow depending on whether or not I can test it.

Last edited:
This is how I feel trying to buy your product. I've signed up and still haven't received the email verification even though I've requested it twice. (Start at 48 seconds. And stop at 1:40 or it gets potentially offensive.)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This is how I feel trying to buy your product. I've signed up and still haven't received the email verification even though I've requested it twice. (Start at 48 seconds. And stop at 1:40 or it gets potentially offensive.)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Kudos for the video, and sorry about the registration process. We moved servers and I forgot Amazon AWS loves to whitelist IPs. Give me a second.

Okay so weird question. When I allow the "Upvote/Downvote Post" the vote button shows on every forum, not just the one I designated for the Q&A. Is there a way to turn that off for everywhere but the Q&A forum?

Okay so weird question. When I allow the "Upvote/Downvote Post" the vote button shows on every forum, not just the one I designated for the Q&A. Is there a way to turn that off for everywhere but the Q&A forum?
That shouldn't occur. Give me a second to check this on the development board. I might have removed the xen:if for that when I was moving the template modification to an individual template accidentally.

That shouldn't occur. Give me a second to check this on the development board. I might have removed the xen:if for that when I was moving the template modification to an individual template accidentally.

i can t buy. Page show me this text: "You do not have permission to purchase products."

Top Bottom