1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Mysqli Errors when importing style

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by pank, Jun 24, 2011.

1. pank

pank Active Member

We have quite a few skins/styles installed on our live demo forum. When I try to import a new style I am getting a number of Mysqli errors.

Import_bug.png

It appears it is because of the number of styles we have installed (currently about 12) / the reason for the bug is just a very semi-educated guess??

Is there a fix for this, many of our customers are going to have multiple skins installed as well as us on our live demo and this is going to become a huge issue for us if it is indeed related to having multiple styles installed.

Thanks in advance.

2. Miko

Miko Well-Known Member

Increasing the default max_allowed_packet from 1M to 16M in /etc/my.cnf fixed the issue but I can see this to be a problem for many customers on shared hosting with several skins.

3. Luke F

Luke F Well-Known Member

1MB is unusually low, default is 16 iirc

4. Miko

Miko Well-Known Member

The default max_allowed_packed is 1M (MB) in most server unless customised and optimised

5. Luke F

Luke F Well-Known Member

Oh so it is

6. pank

pank Active Member

If a Dev has seen this could you please let us know if a fix is in the plans?
    Thanks.

7. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

I brought this issue up months ago when trying to edit styles, it would time out while rebuilding, I believe Kier said they would find a better method but I can't quite seem to find his post. This was quite some time ago.

8. Miko

Miko Well-Known Member