XF 1.4 MySQL Password Error

I enter the password into the relevant field:
MySQL Password: $config['steamcha_forum']['*****'] (Stars being my pass but with different number of characters

It says:
The source database connection details are not correct: Access denied for user '$config['steamch'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

My password was right though :(

Sorry, no. I enter the details for my db and it says this:
The source database connection details are not correct: Access denied for user 'steamcha-sg'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

The password is correct tho, my host checked.

im having a lot of trouble with this :(

Last edited:
All I can say is that the password isn't correct. That's MySQL telling you it's not correct; nothing XenForo is involved with.

Assuming you used CPanel to create your database in the first place did you remember to update its privilages to global, in other words did you check the select all box.?

I understand it it saying the pass is wrong, I created a user 'steamcha_admin' and assigned a password to that user which I enter here and it gives that error message :(

I did give him global privilidges yeah :/

From your first post:

It says:
The source database connection details are not correct: Access denied for user '$config['steamch'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Looks like a simple spelling error , it appears you have missed adding the letter "a" after steamch .... In the rest of your posts it is steamcha@

From your first post:

It says:

Looks like a simple spelling error , it appears you have missed adding the letter "a" after steamch .... In the rest of your posts it is steamcha@
Thanks for replying again mate, that one was a spelling error but it has been corrected in the previous posts.

Thanks for your help though, it really is appreciated :) I am gonna start the forum fresh :)

Just before you do... make sure if you are copying and pasting the text into username & database area's on entry..do NOT leave any spaces before or after the text..

The space is then assigned as %

Top Bottom