1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 MySQL Error - Help!

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Mufasa, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Mufasa

Mufasa Active Member

Everytime i try to install, update or remove a plugin or anything like that, i get this error:

Server Error

unserialize(): Error at offset 0 of 1 bytes
    1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
    2. unserialize() in XenForo/Model/StyleProperty.php at line 667
    3. XenForo_Model_StyleProperty->updatePropertyCacheInStyle() in XenForo/Model/StyleProperty.php at line 632
    4. XenForo_Model_StyleProperty->rebuildPropertyCacheInStyleAndChildren() in XenForo/Model/StyleProperty.php at line 2316
    5. XenForo_Model_StyleProperty->importStylePropertiesFromArray() in XenForo/Model/StyleProperty.php at line 2187
    6. XenForo_Model_StyleProperty->importStylePropertyXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 325
    7. XenForo_Model_AddOn->importAddOnExtraDataFromXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 225
    8. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
    9. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 178
    10. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
    11. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    12. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/jeagamin/public_html/community/admin.php at line 13

My MySQL is @ version 5.5.28,
    My PHP is @ version 5

I tried to update my mysql as im aware of the 'bug' but it didnt do anything, im up-to-date, then i tried to clear my registry, as suggested by someone to someone and that did nothing.

I really need this fixed lol. any help?
  2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. Mufasa

Mufasa Active Member

my MySQL is at the latest version, and so is my php, i cant upgrade any more lol.
  4. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

5. Mufasa

Mufasa Active Member

its in the OP.

ive sorted it now, i just had to restart the forum unfortunately. dont know what caused it but its fixed.

Im running this on one of my dedicated server and i did a spec check as such and my /boot drive was in the red. It could be the reason MySQL was playing up as it didnt have enough memory to run the queries? I cleaned some space on it and now its running perfectly fine with no issues. Granted, i had to start the forum again from scratch. So if that was the issue, i found the cure and a possible way to prevent it happening again.

Does that sound like a possible reason for this error? I could go into more detail but i wont bore you.