MyGallery - Feature Storm

Tags, not facebook style tags but categorical tags

fURLS + original file name retention, option to use friendly URLS so that sharing socially is a snap and headache free...

Gawd I HATE the renaming of attachments it's so annoying for sharing.. ograph, etc...

It would be great if you could provide an import script for IP.Gallery 4.2.1.
This way you could get all potential IP.Board customers who are thinking about converting to xenforo but haven't done so because there has not been an import script for any xenforo gallery, yet.

Being able to upload your pictures from Picasa to the gallery would be pretty cool. Especially if you could make new folders and add images to current folders that way.

My members has been asking for a function to tag people in images. This would be a very good addition, imo.
Good SEO for the images would be nice. They should retain their names. The images should be easily renameable.
Ability to like picture (with alert to member who posted picture and activity shown on newsfeed/recent activity page)
  • Ability to like album (with alert to member who posted folder and activity shown on newsfeed/recent activity page)
  • Ability to 'share' or have a bbcode that can be clicked/copied and then pasted in a post to share with others
  • Ability to display random, featured and new pictures on 'gallery home page' as well as a side 'block' with same information
Ditto!!! :)

Do people that purchased other mods from you get this too? :D
Unfortunately no.

One more suggestion, integrate this with your points and portal addon and some peeps would have no choice but to buy it ;)

I've had too many issues with the free points and portal addon but no reason to buy an alternative, so if you can integrate your addons together please do.
I intend to do that, my Portal will have a lot of integrations once v2 is released.

I'd recommend you ask Pepelac to continue the work on his already excellent XF Album add-on. The only thing it needs is further development. Nothing has happened with it for quite some time. No need to reinvent the wheel when its already there.
Unfortunately I don't do that kind of thing, asking someone to develop their work further when they don't want to is annoying to us developers as well working with him or even taking over the project, his coding techniques are probably quite different than mine so it wouldn't work out.

A Photopost imported would be awesome too. :)

I currently have my images in Photopost (majority) and Pepelac's modification (small amount). Would be good to have them all in one nice looking gallery.
I am going to look into importers for alpha testing.

I'm really surprised All Enthusiast themselfs haven't written a bridge to xF for both PhotoPost and ReviewPost.
Bridges are difficult to build with XenForo as I have experienced myself, even bridges that work 100% and work as they should.

Photopost can be used alongside the XenForo user database and therefore logins, etc.

Software feels very dated now (layout has not really improved since vb2 in my opinion) and the style integration with XenForo is dreadful.
Thanks for elaborating on that. :)

It would be great if you could follow the design of the resources add-on. Allow the admin to create categories. Display them in the same. Underneath you can show most popular tags (allow users to tag their own images).

Show most viewed resources. Most viewed resources in past week (configurable by admin to other time limits). Newest photos.

List them like the resources does but have a larger image of the photo instead of the user's image and set an option for number of photos per page. Pagination is a must. I have had albums with over 200 images.

My site doesn't really need the grouping of images into album. When you view a picture, you should see similar images (based on tags / category) and other images in the album along the side.

On the resources home page, where it says "Any Paid Free", you could change it to "Any Albums Photos".
Not bad, like the grouping and displaying based on tags.

Too much feature requests. Mythotical need a year to do this Add-on. So we will see it on XF 3.0 :D
LOL nah, v1 will have features I figured would be most wanted then next release include more features. Having all features in 1 release really defeats the purpose of developing more, I would get bored.

If I have a right to request I will request to use HTML5 for File Uploading (with drag & drop). This's so great!
It's time to end Flash life.
I thought about ending flash uploading and using another method for MyGallery.

Ability to add an image into a post from my gallery (as an attachment or inline in the post). Get me that feature and I will buy for all my forums.
Great idea.

Tags, not facebook style tags but categorical tags

fURLS + original file name retention, option to use friendly URLS so that sharing socially is a snap and headache free...

Gawd I HATE the renaming of attachments it's so annoying for sharing.. ograph, etc...
The renaming will take place, the title you enter though will become the way of accessing it, now if using the database to store images then file names will be retained and titles are backup.

It would be great if you could provide an import script for IP.Gallery 4.2.1.
This way you could get all potential IP.Board customers who are thinking about converting to xenforo but haven't done so because there has not been an import script for any xenforo gallery, yet.
Import script suggestions are always welcomed.

Being able to upload your pictures from Picasa to the gallery would be pretty cool. Especially if you could make new folders and add images to current folders that way.
Great idea, I use Picasa and so does my wife.

Then it is accepted. Nominations closed. LMAO

Lots of great suggestions here. Just one more:
Ability to import from the existing "User Albums" add-on. I'd guess that a lot of forums (mine included) are using it as a temporary measure until a proper gallery is implemented.

Lots of great suggestions here. Just one more:
Ability to import from the existing "User Albums" add-on. I'd guess that a lot of forums (mine included) are using it as a temporary measure until a proper gallery is implemented.
I understand that, I'll be looking at an importer for all current galleries made for XenForo plus PhotoPost.

Price has been decided on for MyGallery when v1 hits. Check original post for planned price.

A ground breaking new feature of not having to wait for a couple of years (hint... ;)) would be nice! :p

(Joking)

Tagging, and perhaps the ability for it to scan existing threads and posts for images that can then be added somehow?

We've been running without a gallery for quite some time now (used to run Photopost, and that's still saved in the database), so all our images have been uploaded into threads.

Would be great somehow being able to dump those into a new gallery, assigned to the uploading users, with perhaps an alert for them to categorize them properly?

Definitly integrate new images into "Recent Activity". Add trophy points for uploading of images.

Tagging, and perhaps the ability for it to scan existing threads and posts for images that can then be added somehow?

We've been running without a gallery for quite some time now (used to run Photopost, and that's still saved in the database), so all our images have been uploaded into threads.

Would be great somehow being able to dump those into a new gallery, assigned to the uploading users, with perhaps an alert for them to categorize them properly?

Definitly integrate new images into "Recent Activity". Add trophy points for uploading of images.
Not a bad idea, I'll see what I can do, just don't expect it in the first alpha or stable release.

Top Bottom