XF 1.2 MyBB to XF - Problem with User Import

Disciple of Nagash

Hi,

I am currently doing some testing with the MyBB importer, and I have discovered a problem with importing users.

On my MyBB install I am took over from the original owner, hence his user id was 1, mine was 375. Everything was fully changed over including the Super Administrator access.

When installing XF, when it first asked me to create an admin, I did so with my details.

However when the import from MyBB was carried out, it changed the admin profile to that of the orginal owner. In the account settings it did keep my avatar and email, but over things such as location and name came from the original owners profile.

I am assuming it is because the importer is linking the newly created admin profile (being user id 1) to the user id 1 from my old site.

Is there a way to work around this?

Cheers

Been playing around some more - would I be right in thinking that if I edited XF's config file to $config['superAdmins'] = '375'; before import, that would solve this issue?

No, just realised can't do that, as 375 doesn't exist yet in XF.....:confused:

Hmm, think there was an option not to sync user id beforehand......

If you're maintaining IDs, there's really no way around this - what was user 1 has to stay user 1. If you don't maintain IDs, this doesn't come up.

As for the super admin stuff, I'm not sure what you're asking there. By the time your import finishes, you should have user 375 and can switch the super admin stuff over.

I've just read through the thread you mentioned, got to admit quite a lot of it flew over my head :oops:

The details there seem to state however you need to retain the IDs for it to work.

Can it work without, and is there a "dummy" guide for a MyBB import?

Cheers

Just received the following error when importing:

Code:
Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry '1215' for key 'PRIMARY'

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1612
XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1601
XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1393
XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 1888
XenForo_Model_Import->importAttachment() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 1934
XenForo_Model_Import->importPostAttachment() in XenForo/Importer/MyBb.php at line 1884
XenForo_Importer_MyBb->stepAttachments() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 77
XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 195
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 143
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionImport() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/demovamp/public_html/admin.php at line 13

No idea what this means?

There are some server error logs if they would be of any help?

So I got all the way to importing attachments, to about 50%, then got this error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 16000 bytes) in /home/demovamp/public_html/library/XenForo/Image/Gd.php on line 70

Clicked back, got this error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 4000 bytes) in /home/demovamp/public_html/library/XenForo/Image/Gd.php on line 70

I had to got out and back into the ACP, tried continuing the import but keep on getting the first error?

Your server appears to prevent memory limit increases and actually runs at half of the normal default. Try adding this to the end of your library/config.php:
Code:
$config['maxImageResizePixelCount'] = 10000000;
If the error continues, set it to 5000000 instead. If it still errors, try 1000000.

This will not thumbnail larger images then - larger images take more memory to process. Allowing the memory limit to be the default 128M should resolve it (your host probably needs to change that to be settable).

Top Bottom