MyBB to Xenforo

Hi,

I have done so research but wanted to ask here to make sure I can chat about it before I make a final decision.
  • I have a MyBB forum and I want to convert to Xenforo. I can make a database backup, but how would I get the database onto the Xenforo forum?
  • My forum is located at www.example.com I will want that to be the case if I install Xenforo, I will not be making it example.com/forum
Will this be possible? How hard would it be? Could I get detailed steps explaining how to easily do this?

If so, I will happily buy XF :D Thanks for the help :D

I too switched from MyBB to XF, and I seem to like it, though I had to enable multiquote as it was disabled by default. When importing from MyBB, make sure you check your permissions as I had to make sure all the permissions are ok. I was actually locked out of a forum where only staff could post, and had to make sure that was ok as well.

I don't understand about moving them when I'm don. How would I do that? I would install XF to /forum, but I want it at the root directory

You can achieve that in 2 ways. 1) Install first xenforo to some folder, do the conversion and then move xenforo back to the root. 2) Move your mybb forum to another folder, say forum, then install xenforo directly to the root and then run the conversion tool. Both ways should work fine.

Top Bottom