XF 1.5 mybb to xenforo help

Tinted

i've installed it in the directory that i created but i'm getting this error "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action." when i try to view www.mybbexamplesite.com/community from admin account, but i can view it from a normal user account. The avatars and attachment are also not showing

Last edited:

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
i'm getting this error "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action." when i try to view www.mybbexamplesite.com/community from admin account, but i can view it from a normal user account.
That's a typical permissions issue - you can use the permissions analyzer to determine which settings are incorrect.

The avatars and attachment are also not showing
Difficult to say what the issue is without a link to the site, but you would need to confirm they were imported.
If the paths were incorrect, they won't have been imported and you will need to start over.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
It's a new site so now would be the time to move it.

Ensure you update the Board URL once you have.

Tinted

i have htaccess file but i think i edited it for my previous script (mybb) because it wasn't displaying "www" for my domain.
this is my htaccess script

# Some hosts require RewriteBase to make RewriteRules work.
RewriteBase /

# Google SEO workaround for search.php highlights:
# Make this rule the first rewrite rule in your .htaccess!
RewriteRule ^([^&]*)&(.*)$ http://www.mywebsite.com/$1?$2 [L,QSA,R=301]

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^([a-z.]+)?mywebsite\.com$ [NC]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\. [NC]
RewriteRule .? http://www.%1mywebsite.com%{REQUEST_URI} [R=301,L]

# Google SEO 404:
ErrorDocument 404 /misc.php?google_seo_error=404

# Google SEO Sitemap:
RewriteRule ^sitemap\-([^./]+)\.xml$ misc.php?google_seo_sitemap=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Forums:
RewriteRule ^Forum\-([^./]+)$ forumdisplay.php?google_seo_forum=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Threads:
RewriteRule ^Thread\-([^./]+)$ showthread.php?google_seo_thread=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Announcements:
RewriteRule ^Announcement\-([^./]+)$ announcements.php?google_seo_announcement=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Users:
RewriteRule ^User\-([^./]+)$ member.php?action=profile&google_seo_user=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Calendars:
RewriteRule ^Calendar\-([^./]+)$ calendar.php?google_seo_calendar=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Events:
RewriteRule ^Event\-([^./]+)$ calendar.php?action=event&google_seo_event=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

Tinted

do i need to do anything to remove the previous mybb urls from displaying on google search so that the new urls can show up ?

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Google will automatically update the index as it crawls those URLs and they are forwarded to the new ones.

Tinted

the pages are not updating on google and it just goes to an error page and says it not found. they are not redirecting

Tinted

how do i make all
''

MY Site - Error

The requested search/page could not be found
"
to redirect to home page

and i already redirected threads,posts and users. and i'm wondering if that all that are important