1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MyBB to XenForo converter

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Bapun Raz, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Bapun Raz

Bapun Raz Guest

When Xenforo will have a direct mybb forum converter? It will be really easy for every mybb users then who wanted to convert. I know xenforo staff is helpful with it and can help us in the conversion but my point is it will be a better thing.. :)
  2. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Unlikely any time soon.
    If you have a specific forum to convert just ask - there are tried and true ways of converting MyBB to Xenforo.
  3. Bapun Raz

Bapun Raz Guest

Yeah, i know it is possible to convert by converting it to vb/php/ipb first then to xenforo but a direct converter is a easy and safe option as per me.
  4. Teapot

Teapot Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, unless someone decides to write one as an add-on, it's unlikely we'll get a direct convertor any time soon. However, a few of us (Jake Bunce :D) are very experienced at two-step conversions and can do so without any loss of data. It might not be the neatest or most direct way of doing it, but it does work!
  5. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

For now, you're going to need something like vBulletin 3 as a middle-importer.
  6. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

I recommend mybb > phpbb > xenforo
    The best way, based on experience :)
    Carlos likes this.