• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Mybb 1.6 To Xferno

joanne

I have got vbulletin and i have had enough today i have tried the impex system 5 times over and 5 times it installs and looks okay but gives lots n lots of errors.can i bring my members and posts and topics over to xferno tht is all i want as i dont want to loose all my topics n posts.Thank you so much if i can and it is easier and than vbulletin i will be buying tnight

joanne

I cant get the vbulletin to work it gives errors in the user cp.In the threads and reply it has no prefexes and no smiles or code,image etc etc its terrible i like the look of this it is very clean and sleek and thank you so much for your response

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
When using Impex, it's usually necessary to do some additional work after importing, which varies with the software you're importing from.

I myself imported my phpBB forum to XenForo using it and had to fix all of my BB Code, smilies, etc.

joanne

Okay i will see if i can get v bulletin 4 working just right then if i run into any problems for xferno once brought do i just come back here and ask for help and thank you so much for all your help you are very quick to respond

borbole

I cant get the vbulletin to work it gives errors in the user cp.In the threads and reply it has no prefexes and no smiles or code,image etc etc its terrible i like the look of this it is very clean and sleek and thank you so much for your response
What errors does it give you?

F

Floris

Am I the only one wondering what XFerno is? HAHA
XFerno is a digital music site. XenForo is this forum product. =D

Just use ImpEx to import the data from MyBB into vBulletin - don't bother going to the front-end, just go to xenforo and import the data from vB to XF. Then see what is left over, what works and what doesn't work. vB is just a data funnel. You don't need it, heck, I don't run it! I just run ImpEx standalone without vBulletin.

DarkGizmo

I don't see why everyone's laughing at someone mis-spelling a product name, some people suffer from something called dyslexia. :p Seriously though, isn't this supposed to be a professional forum? You guys are acting like a bunch of kids just because someone mis-spelt your precious forum software's name? Give me a break......

Mythotical

Okay i will see if i can get v bulletin 4 working just right then if i run into any problems for xferno once brought do i just come back here and ask for help and thank you so much for all your help you are very quick to respond
Start a PC with me if you still have issues. I will see about building you an importer from MyBB to XenForo.

Marc

I don't see why everyone's laughing at someone mis-spelling a product name, some people suffer from something called dyslexia. :p Seriously though, isn't this supposed to be a professional forum? You guys are acting like a bunch of kids just because someone mis-spelt your precious forum software's name? Give me a break......
Yeah come on guys ... lets all be a serious, professional community................................................................... Or we could be a friendly fun community as well :p

Mikey

VB Impex works perfectly in Importing MyBB 1.6.3 and 1.6.4 except the password :(
Passwords do not transfer over from vB to another system due to ImpEx not supporting it.

If you ever have to do Forum System > vB > XenForo, you can guarantee that passwords won't convert over, and most of the time you're lucky to get attachments (as ImpEx likes to treat each case differently)