Mybb 1.6.10 to Xenforo

neil1

ok guys/gals, If this has been asked before please excuse my arrogance, I have a forum with over 4,228 posts in 542 threads.

My question is does this forum come with a converter from Mybb to Xenforo and how easy is it. I.E will i need to convert to other platforms before this forum ect ect

I would be interested to hear that as well. My site is a reasonable size (365,955 posts in 23,827 threads), so it any indication on how long the converter would take would be a great help.

Neil - I doubt I'll end up doing it before you, but I might get around to some testing. If I do I'll post any feedback here.
I won't be able to comment on that as none of the sites have posts - I just set them up within the last couple of weeks.

@Disciple of Nagash & @neil1, just did a test import. Took about 10 minutes (only 6 posts) from the time I started setting it up (the initial install). Had to create the initial DB for the new xenForo install.
One thing to watch for is you WILL have to move all your users into the registered group (to follow the normal xenForo permissions theory) as it places the user in their primary group defined in myBB as the primary in xenForo then you need to assign them to any secondary groups. This will most likely effect moderators and the administrator accounts and any other that had something other than registered defined in myBB as their primary.
Also, you will need to put the FULL path to the uploads directory. In my case, it was /var/www/servinglinux/uploads for the myBB location to the Uploads folder.
Passwords carry over as well as the posts/directory structures and most other information. Special add-on info from myBB does not carry over for the most part. Even though you set up a new administrator account during the install (and you log into the system under it) once you go into the ACP -> Tools and import the new DB, your account info from myBB becomes your log in information and your administrator account from there will be your administrator account on xenForo.

A quick question that has come up from browsing around here and the resources.

I have noticed if I click on say a thread or an addon, and then try to click back, it doesn't work. If I look in the history its like the page has loaded 3/4 times and I have to bring up the list and click on the correct entry to take me back:

XF.webp

Is this normal for XF, or is this something wrong at my end?

Its very odd. For example I literally just clicked on this page, no editing / reloading, yet in the history it still shows two? Is this being looked into, as I don't want a transfer to cause problems with my Chrome users?

Questions for one of the staff. Most of the questions I have seen around importing MyBB seem to be before the importer was created.

How should I handle thread redirection now, this is not something I have come across before?

Okay, I used the converter. I can verify it works as expected (including working passwords). One suggestion though, When there are invalid users , there should be an option to skip those I think..

Top Bottom