My website value increased 10 fold!!

Dodgeboard

I had been monitoring my site under the vB framework every month or so and checking the website value and statistics using marcosweb and stimator.com. I had been with vB for 6 years and never saw it go much over $1000.00.

I installed Xenforo two weeks ago and just checked my site statistics at both and boy was I in for a shock!!

Marcosweb
Site worth before installing Xenforo: $1017.00
Site worth 2 weeks after installing Xenforo: $27,036
dodgeboard.com.gif
Stimator
Site worth before installing Xenforo: $307.00
Site worth 2 weeks after installing Xenforo: $45,742
Untitled.webp
Also, Google crawl stats indicate the average page load speed went from 6.0 seconds to 2.3 seconds since installing Xenforo.
I'm not even using vBSEO anymore.

What made it so much faster? What the heck happened to cause it to jump up in value so much? Can somebody please explain this to me?

Your website is worth exactly what the market is willing to pay for it. No more.

Exactly. :)

It's like selling a business--there are actual formulas out there to determine what a business is worth: debt, receivables, sales, etc., and the market is also taken into account.

Those website valuations are essentially worthless. If they were true, I could have retired 10 years ago.

Worthless indeed. I checked one of the "big boards" I manage, and the site owner is averaging over $2100/month in Viglink income. Stimator.com says the site is worth $68. :D
At risk of taking this too far off-topic, I'd like to ask what what - if anything special - you guys are doing to drive your Viglink income?

At risk of taking this too far off-topic, I'd like to ask what what - if anything special - you guys are doing to drive your Viglink income?

Nothing here. I put it on an existing site in June and it's been raking in the money. I got tired of messing with ad banners, or trying to get staff to correct Amazon links to point to the site's account. I make more in one day with Viglink than I've been making over two months with Amazon alone. But, it is a site that typically has members posting a lot of links to other sites (eBay, Amazon, other music sites, etc.). You need outbound links to make Viglink worth your while. This is why I'm working on developing sites with a lot of links to sites that generate income, which visitors will gladly click on.

Top Bottom