XF 1.5 My top 3 beginner questions for Xenforo

Brad Padgett

Okay I'm used to vb5's site builder.

I have 3 questions that I hope the community can help answer for my sites devlopment.

- How do I place modules other then the original pre-set modules and what do I use to program it's result.

- How do I set up the slider for certain pages (or set to off for some pages) and place sliding links or a queque.

- How do I create sub-links for the navigation (I figured out how to create navigation in the navigation template but do not know how to do sub-links for a specific navigation).

That's my 3 questions. This will help get me started if you could answer them and would very much be appreciated.

- How do I place modules other then the original pre-set modules and what do I use to program it's result.
I'm not sure what you're referring to with this. What do you mean by "modules"?

- How do I set up the slider for certain pages (or set to off for some pages) and place sliding links or a queque.
Do you mean a carousel? You would need to modify the template to add the necessary HTML/JS for what you're adding.

- How do I create sub-links for the navigation (I figured out how to create navigation in the navigation template but do not know how to do sub-links for a specific navigation).
The navigation template covers that too. It's probably most straightforward to look at the core navigation links/menus to see how they're implemented as other tabs/menus will be implemented the same way.

I'm not sure what you're referring to with this. What do you mean by "modules"?

Do you mean a carousel? You would need to modify the template to add the necessary HTML/JS for what you're adding.

The navigation template covers that too. It's probably most straightforward to look at the core navigation links/menus to see how they're implemented as other tabs/menus will be implemented the same way.

By modules I mean new post, recent profile posts.... etc.

And what template do I need to modify for the carousel?

Also for navigation I pretty much understand that. I will use that method.

Top Bottom