1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 My top 3 beginner questions for Xenforo

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by TheXboxCloud, Aug 24, 2015.

1. TheXboxCloud

TheXboxCloud Active Member

Okay I'm used to vb5's site builder.

I have 3 questions that I hope the community can help answer for my sites devlopment.

- How do I place modules other then the original pre-set modules and what do I use to program it's result.

- How do I set up the slider for certain pages (or set to off for some pages) and place sliding links or a queque.

- How do I create sub-links for the navigation (I figured out how to create navigation in the navigation template but do not know how to do sub-links for a specific navigation).

That's my 3 questions. This will help get me started if you could answer them and would very much be appreciated.
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I'm not sure what you're referring to with this. What do you mean by "modules"?

Do you mean a carousel? You would need to modify the template to add the necessary HTML/JS for what you're adding.

The navigation template covers that too. It's probably most straightforward to look at the core navigation links/menus to see how they're implemented as other tabs/menus will be implemented the same way.
    TheXboxCloud likes this.
  3. TheXboxCloud

By modules I mean new post, recent profile posts.... etc.

And what template do I need to modify for the carousel?

Also for navigation I pretty much understand that. I will use that method.
  4. Steve F

Steve F Well-Known Member

For the slider or carousel you would most likely use the PAGE_CONTAINER with a conditional to show on various pages.

For the navigation this add-on is highly popular: Nodes As Tabs
    TheXboxCloud likes this.
  5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

That would require custom development or an add-on. The commonly used add-on is the widget framework.
    TheXboxCloud likes this.
  6. TheXboxCloud

Thanks guys.

I will check those add-ons out.

Appreciate the help.