1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented My Resources

Discussion in 'Resource Manager Closed Suggestions' started by John L., Feb 3, 2012.

1. John L.

John L. Well-Known Member

Not quite sure if this has already been requested...

I would like to see a sub-menu called "My Resources". This lists out all the resources I have downloaded making it easy for me to find all the things I have downloaded/installed. But here is the twist. This can get rather useless if you're downloading, testing and then uninstalling a lot of resources. So, perhaps having an option where someone can remove a resource from their "My Resource" list.

Any thoughts?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. John L.

Yes, it should. But I didn't notice it at all when I first saw this implemented. And to me, I don't have any idea what in the world I downloaded without going into my installation and looking at the download list now. I was thinking about a more automated process of collecting your list of resources :).

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

If you are set to automatically watch threads you reply to, you'll automatically watch a resource that you download.

5. John L.

I see, but what if I don't want to watch threads automatically I reply to? I hate getting all those emails about responses especially if I just have a quick response. But I would like to automatically have my downloads added. Perhaps adding it as an option?

6. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

Use the option to watch but without email notifications?

7. John L.

Hmm...why do I feel that wasn't always there? Ah well, that'll work. Thanks :)

8. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

Watching doesn't work for me.

I could be watching for a lot of reasons - variations on Maybe. Maybe it might develop the way I want .... Maybe it's right but I'm waiting for a support response/ or custom detail. Maybe it might suit me later but not top priority now.

Depending on priority I might/ might not want notifications.

All that is completely separate from - Downloaded (not yet used) - Installed - Disabled + reason why.

It covers all the Maybe stuff to use Watching.
    Downloaded / Installed/ Disabled needs its own tags.
    DL is automatic. This should trigger a query email 3 days later "Did you install? has everything gone smoothly? If not please let $username (dev) know. If all is well please click this link to update your status to Installed."