1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My question to Xenoforo Developpers

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by iEgYi, Aug 31, 2015.

1. iEgYi

iEgYi Member

I want ask all developers here

What do you think about learning php and code in the past ? and are you still love to code a software like xenforo ? or this is just a business you want to earn money from it ?

And what do you think about developing or ( coding a script from zero or developing a plugins for a popular community like xenforo ) what is the best ?

This is my questions because i want to learn php and i want some answers that could help me
  2. Cyb3r

Cyb3r Well-Known Member

I'm currently learning PHP and coding xenforo add-ons, php is fun to learn with mysql, jQuery and CSS, I totally love it!
    iEgYi likes this.
  3. TheBigK

TheBigK Well-Known Member

I began learning PHP because I got fed up finding developers. All the good ones are taken :censored:. I totally hated programming and kept postponing it for years. But last year I made a commitment to myself that I will learn to code - with an aim to develop the addons we need for our website.

I learned from ground up; starting with basic PHP tutorials and then XF specific tutorials as well. The journey so far has been painful; but I'm not giving up. I just wish there was some documentation available that would help newbie coders like me. I can't thank enough to nice++ guys like @Mr. Goodie2Shoes for helping me out with my doubts.

You can check the XenForo Developer Questions forum for the kind of questions I've been asking. I'm following this pattern:

Start coding -> Get Stuck -> Do Research -> Brain Explodes -> Ask Questions -> Get Answer -> Start over.
    iEgYi, Mr. Goodie2Shoes and Cyb3r like this.
  4. Cyb3r

Cyb3r Well-Known Member

Same way here. :D

Beside XenForo and PHP is not the hardest thing to learn, you might want to look to C++ and get more frustrated. :ROFLMAO:

But yeah your way of learning is good, in addition you should download add-on samples and look into the code, find the simplest add-ons that do basic things and learn from it's code, at least that's how I learned C# and all other languages, it will help to increase your progress 200%.

Good luck!
    iEgYi likes this.