1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My IPS 4.1 is Hosted

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Arnold Family, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Arnold Family

Arnold Family New Member

Hi All looking at changing but my forum is hosted with IPS so how do I go about getting the information required to import in to xen.

I would also think that I would get you guys to install on to my host server.

Conrad

2. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure IPS's Cloud hosting offers dumps of your database. As for doing your import, xenForo Ltd doesn't offer the service, but you can find several companies that do in the 3rd party services section.

3. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Just to clarify; we can install XenForo for you on your server but Mike is right that we can't actually do the import for you (though it is pretty straight forward) as long as you can get hold of the data and files that are currently in the cloud. We would usually expect to be importing the data from the local server.

4. Arnold Family

Arnold Family New Member

Hi Mike,

I can log in to my forum through ftp so could get the info from that I believe but i'll check with ips looking at the importer i think I could do it on my own but ill look further in to the importer just to make sure

The Forum Heroes likes this.