My EU Cookie Warning

Lawrence

My E.U. Compliant Cookie warning:

Icewind Dale Role Play uses cookies to store your session data. This site is hosted in North America, and is owned by a North American. Here we do not fear cookies; we love and embrace them, however; the E.U. has a great fear of cookies. It is scribed that many from the E.U. have filled their pantaloons with piddle when they have encountered a cookie, so I must give this warning: if you are from the E.U. entering this site means you agree that we can set a session cookie, and that you are wearing a really thick diaper.

I take it that this notice satisfies the EU cookie law?

My E.U. Compliant Cookie warning:

Icewind Dale Role Play uses cookies to store your session data. This site is hosted in North America, and is owned by a North American. Here we do not fear cookies; we love and embrace them, however; the E.U. has a great fear of cookies. It is scribed that many from the E.U. have filled their pantaloons with piddle when they have encountered a cookie, so I must give this warning: if you are from the E.U. entering this site means you agree that we can set a session cookie, and that you are wearing a really thick diaper.

I take it that this notice satisfies the EU cookie law?

We have the cookie law you have Californian law. It's just the way of the universe balancing it's self out in the art of stupidity.

You do realize that the European people mostly don't care about this law or are opposed to it? ;)

I know, :) I'm having a little fun with it. The text I have in place is just a place holder. I'll re-write it later to reflect the atmosphere of my hack and slash role playing site.

Don't bother showing the notice. It's completely pointless and unenforceable, even more so if you're outside of the EU.

I don't show it on any of my sites and I'm UK based. It's a pathetic "law". Hell even most of the UK government site's don't have a cookie warning (and do set cookies).

Don't bother showing the notice. It's completely pointless and unenforceable, even more so if you're outside of the EU.

I don't show it on any of my sites and I'm UK based. It's a pathetic "law". Hell even most of the UK government site's don't have a cookie warning (and do set cookies).
What really irks me as well is how some American based websites will only show the pathetic cookie message if you are in the UK, but if you use a proxy, the message never shows. :( Another case of the Americans get a more cooked deal than the raw deal we get. :(

Top Bottom