1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My EU Cookie Warning

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Lawrence, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

My E.U. Compliant Cookie warning:

Icewind Dale Role Play uses cookies to store your session data. This site is hosted in North America, and is owned by a North American. Here we do not fear cookies; we love and embrace them, however; the E.U. has a great fear of cookies. It is scribed that many from the E.U. have filled their pantaloons with piddle when they have encountered a cookie, so I must give this warning: if you are from the E.U. entering this site means you agree that we can set a session cookie, and that you are wearing a really thick diaper.

I take it that this notice satisfies the EU cookie law?

Hoffi, DRE, Andrej and 5 others like this.
  2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

:ROFLMAO:

I'm comfortable with that, and I'm not even wearing a really thick diaper (or nappy, as we call it this side of the pond).

TheVisitors likes this.
  3. Sador

Sador Well-Known Member

You do realize that the European people mostly don't care about this law or are opposed to it? ;)

TheVisitors and Yorick like this.
  4. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

We have the cookie law you have Californian law. It's just the way of the universe balancing it's self out in the art of stupidity.

5. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

I know, :) I'm having a little fun with it. The text I have in place is just a place holder. I'll re-write it later to reflect the atmosphere of my hack and slash role playing site.

TheVisitors likes this.
  6. TheBigK

TheBigK Well-Known Member

Awesome :D

Just wondering; do I *really* need to show the notice if I've visitors from Europe? My server and I are thousands of miles away from Europe.

goldframedoor likes this.
  7. goldframedoor

goldframedoor New Member

To be honest, I wouldn't bother. ;)

TheBigK likes this.
  8. RickM

RickM Well-Known Member

Don't bother showing the notice. It's completely pointless and unenforceable, even more so if you're outside of the EU.

I don't show it on any of my sites and I'm UK based. It's a pathetic "law". Hell even most of the UK government site's don't have a cookie warning (and do set cookies).

goldframedoor likes this.
  9. goldframedoor

goldframedoor New Member

What really irks me as well is how some American based websites will only show the pathetic cookie message if you are in the UK, but if you use a proxy, the message never shows. :( Another case of the Americans get a more cooked deal than the raw deal we get. :(