XF 2.1 My emojis disappeared!

The default style is the one that comes with XenForo and is what is running here. The style in your screenshot isn't the default style. Where did you purchase the style and who installed it?
I purchased it at XF and XF installed it. It's Dimension dark. In fact it was Ehren from Down Under who installed it.
Ehren said:
I have just finished installing your theme. I have also set it as the default theme for your site.

If you ever need to edit your theme settings, make sure you only edit the LuRoFoto theme. The Dimension Dark theme should never be edited.

I can't find more prove to show that this is genuine

Attachments

• aankoop dimention dark.webp
    aankoop dimention dark.webp
    30.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I just found the problem and fixet it myself and I'm very glad I did not listen to any of the advices.
This is what I did:
Appearence->templates->smileys, scroll until I saw one template in red. In my case it was Core_smilie.less template. Opened it and reverted that one. After that the emoji's were back and working.
@Gregory Lynn Hope you haven't started yet. So do not remove or disable things before checking this.

I was never aware that there was a change in the emoji template. Strange enough: I made a copy before reverting and compared them afterwards and they were both identical.

Last edited:
I disable everything and removed the theme house script and nothing. I also checked for outdated templated for smiles and everything is fine. I really wish I could get this fixed.

P.S. I checked under smiles and it only shows uncategorized smiles and nothing else.

I'm very glad I did not listen to any of the advices.
If you had, you would have found the problem a lot sooner.

I advised you several times to switch to a default unedited style, which would have made immediately clear there was a problem with your custom style.
Sounds like you have some custom javascript which is interfering.

Possibly from a third party style or add-on.

I'm referring to the JS on your XF site.

You have a very heavily modified installation, so it is likely some third party code which is causing issues.

Revert to a completely default style, with all custom JS removed, and disable all add-ons.
I suspect the smiley functionality will then work.

Have you tried this yet?

If you are going to repeatedly ignore support advice then ultimately people will just stop responding to your messages.

I disable everything and removed the theme house script and nothing. I also checked for outdated templated for smiles and everything is fine. I really wish I could get this fixed.

P.S. I checked under smiles and it only shows uncategorized smiles and nothing else.
If you have already tested with all add-ons disabled in a default style and they still don't appear, it's probably easier if you submit a ticket with an ACP log in so I can take a look.

If you are going to repeatedly ignore support advice then ultimately people will just stop responding to your messages.
Repeatedly? This is the first time mister. Please take it easy! I also wrote I am very new to this software and I don't understand everything because I am Dutch. I found my explanation about that ignored to the bone. No consideration at all. My challenge was to find out by myself how to fix it and I did it with all your help because the advise make me think and look again for an easier way and there was! It may have taken a while longer but there was no rush because it were just emoji's.

Next time I won't bother you and send in a ticket right away. Thank you for being as friendly to me as you could be.
I'm done in this topic...

Next time I won't bother you and send in a ticket right away
The advice would be exactly the same - disable all add-ons and test in a completely default unedited style.

It's the only way to establish the site back to a known baseline and rule out third party code.

Well it wasn't the only way to get the emoji's back on track. My way was less intensive. And it wasn't the way at all to get the emoji's from gregory Lynn back in business.
Both proven!

I experience your way of talking to me as disrespectful. I'm a 61 year old mother and grandmother with a fulltime job in healthcare. I am Dutch, not very good in English and I think Dutch witch is very much different from thinking American. What's logical to you, is absolutely not logical to me and vice versa. And I'm insecure about the software because I 'm just working with it. But I'm not stupid. So give me a break if I'm not following advise at once.

Top Bottom