XF 2.1 My emojis disappeared!

Mine to. What happened? And the one that is available is out of order.

Attachments

• smilies ooo.webp
    smilies ooo.webp
    8.7 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Based on the screenshot, the emojis appear to be there but the images haven't loaded. Is that the same as in the OP's report?

What version are you running? If you're not on the latest version of 2.1 I'd try that, as I couldn't reproduce this locally.

Hello Mike. What or where is the OP's report? (sorry, I'm Dutch) The ones that are loaded don't work. I'm running v2.1.10 patch 2 and media gallery 2.1.8

Edit: Screenshot was made when emoji was in JoyPixels
Same results in Twemoji from Twitter
With Native device all smilyes are loaded but they're nog working. They're not responding when clicked

A java script is something that's installed in software or on a computer right? If that is so, why does this issue occures on different devices? I just purchased xenforo 6 weeks ago and now there should be a java thing? I realy need some more information. And maybe a workflow or something. :)

I'm referring to the JS on your XF site.

You have a very heavily modified installation, so it is likely some third party code which is causing issues.

Revert to a completely default style, with all custom JS removed, and disable all add-ons.
I suspect the smiley functionality will then work.

These are the add-ons I have installed from the start (10 weeks ago)and smilies worked fine untill a few days ago. Is there any third party here?

add-ons​

DragonByte Credits 5.6.3​

XenForo Media Gallery 2.1.8​

The XenForo Media Gallery is an add-on that allows you and your users to create galleries of images and videos in your forum, organized into admin-defined categories or user-created albums.

Even Dutch translation is your own.
Besides, All of my modifications are made through ACP so this should not stand in the way of using the smilies. And it wasn't up to a few days ago.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Attachments

• 1599752170601.webp
    1599752170601.webp
    1.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 1599752170583.webp
    1599752170583.webp
    3.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Is this a joke? I had some modifications made with possibilities that XF offer itself. Not from any third party

When it comes to Xenforo support, @Brogan does not kid around, at all. BTW: DragonByte tech's add-ons are 3rd party.

All smilies load here on this site, on my sites, and others sites or there would be a lot of complaining about the issue and there is not. So, it has to do with your site (and Gregory Lynn's as well).

Besides, All of my modifications are made through ACP so this should not stand in the way of using the smilies.

They could very easily cause unexpected issues. I can't recall a single modification I made that wasn't done from the ACP...

And it wasn't up to a few days ago.

What changed a few days ago? Something did.

@Brogan, Thanks for the advice. So the fact that dragonbyte credits is added-on 9 weeks ago and not in use yet will start causing an issue 8 weeks later on the emoji's? Is that correct?
What changed a few days ago? Something did.
@Lawrence Well, I allowed a few new members. I added a new categorie to mediagallery. I gave a moderator admin options in secondary usergroups, I've searched for for an option to get post count on media gallery, looking for answers why member banners does not show on media gallery and I've tried this weeks and all the other weeks before, to figure out how to use credits. I've changed a few Dutch words in translations to be more compatible with the purpose of my site. That's about it. All in ACP.

Ofcourse not. The style I'm running is set to default when I purchased it and had it installed. (I did not install it myself) I can't even change it. And what will happen if I disable Mediagallery? I have members! And a lot of them has a payed subscription. I can remove Dragonbyte credits but it doesn't seem that Gregory has running that add-on. First I like to know what he did before emoji's stopped appearing.
And how do I revert? Is there a button that reverts everything at once or do I have to revert one by one?

Sorry, I'm pretty new with this software. I had vBulletin and Photopost running for 11 years and did not know it all. XF only 10 weeks

Last edited:
The default style is the one that comes with XenForo and is what is running here. The style in your screenshot isn't the default style. Where did you purchase the style and who installed it?

Top Bottom