XF 1.4 My BB to XenForo paths

Phil

Hi everyone,

i´m new here and new born aswell in terms of "importing/exporting" stuff from one side to another one :)

Sorry for my bad english.

So here we go , i´ve read carefully to instruction regarding importing data from one side to XenForo.But where i´m completly lost , because i have absolutly NO knowledges a this point , is what i need to import from my "ex" forum.

What i´ll would like to do is to save all post, threads and users data (members logs, password, nickname etc) , so on MyBB i´ve done all this and now i have backupfile.SQL

But i don´t know what to do with it before importing it in XENFORO admin panel.

Where should i place this file in filezilla?

In advance thanks for your support.

Hi,

ok for that no problem....But my problem is that i reallly don´t know what to do brfore those steps in the tutorial link.

I show you :

Thi si my backup file.
backup file.webp

I need to upload it with filezilla first but where i put it ?

path.webp

Thanks. ;)

You need to have your data in the database. You should be able to see the prefix by looking at the tables in the database (or, presumably, in the config file for your old forum).

The final option is the path to the attachments (I think). If not entered correctly, they can't be imported.

Hi,

tht should be done previously with something like PHPMYADMIN or something else?

You should enter the db details there. Regarding your OP, personally I did not quite understand what you mean. You are talking about a backup file but that is not necessary for the import. The import process will not alter the source db in any way, form or shape.

Ok , we are getting closer ;)

Thanks....

So in my phpmyadmin, i have on the left side of the page a renderpr_blogwp tht looks like to be the DB of the MyBB forum

MYBB BY MYPHPADMIN.webp

So here what i need to do ?

Thanks to take time ;)

Okay so now the message says that the attachment Path could not be found

That could be something like this ? : mybb_attachments

Navigate to admin.php?tools/phpinfo and search for DOCUMENT_ROOT to get the absolute path of your XenForo installation.

From there you can determine the absolute path for your other installation.

For example, if XenForo is installed in the root and the software to be imported is in /archive:
Relative path would be: archive/
Absolute path would be: /home/sitename/public_html/archive/

You will need to edit the open_basedir setting in the PHP configuration on your server so the uploads directory is allowed.

Your host should be able to help you with that.

Thanks Brogan for your help,

but my host says that i have to see on the XENFORO forum support ;)

I´m done for today (to be polite ;) )

I will try again tomorrow....

Top Bottom