XF 1.4 My BB to XenForo paths

Phil

Hi everyone,

i´m new here and new born aswell in terms of "importing/exporting" stuff from one side to another one :)

Sorry for my bad english.

So here we go , i´ve read carefully to instruction regarding importing data from one side to XenForo.But where i´m completly lost , because i have absolutly NO knowledges a this point , is what i need to import from my "ex" forum.

What i´ll would like to do is to save all post, threads and users data (members logs, password, nickname etc) , so on MyBB i´ve done all this and now i have backupfile.SQL

But i don´t know what to do with it before importing it in XENFORO admin panel.

Where should i place this file in filezilla?

In advance thanks for your support.

Hi ,

i think i´m missing something ...The installation path of MyBB and XENFORO must be on the same path, for the import , correct?

Example:
MyBB: /public_html/forums
XenForo: /public_html/forums/Xenforo

You don't strictly need an installation (all the code) of the old system; you just need the database and any necessary data files (like attachments or avatars, if applicable). That said, if having both "complete" installs makes it more straightforward, then a setup like that should work.

Ok,

problem solved :

Here is the correct path: /home/usernameftp/public_html...The import is 100 % successfull ;)

Thanks for your support

Last edited:
Top Bottom