XF 1.4 My account sharing IP with all new users

dethfire

For some reason my username is listed as sharing IPs with any every new member that signs up. The IPs are all different and certainly not mine. Any ideas?

That could be part of your problem. I know with CloudFlare that was an issue on a site I used to run. I'm not sure host MaxCDN works but if it's anything like CloudFlare that would be why.

You are using nginxcp in front of apache. When you re-compiled Apache earlier today, it will have deleted the RPAF module needed by apache to get the correct IP from the nginx proxy. You need to uninstall and re-install nginxcp to fix it.

If the IPs are all different, it's more likely an add-on -- perhaps one that sends a private message to people when they register.

If the IPs are all different, it's more likely an add-on -- perhaps one that sends a private message to people when they register.
indeed. i use an old 'new use notification' hack that sends a message and posts to thread everytime a new member joins. this 'bot' account always reports its ip as the same as the new member used when registering.

Top Bottom