Add-on Must I ask? Arcade

While i respect your decision. It is your baby after all. I would second the notion that very few people know of its existence. Actually its kind of hard to find even after tracking down the host site, its still pretty secret.. I didnt download or install it but i did go looking one day and found it to be a needle in a hey stack.
So the big notice at the top of the screen in bold for guests pointing to the forum that has a sticky called "XFA Testers - DOWNLOAD" was too subtle? :unsure:

1) Funny thing is nobody else seems to be saying that they didn't know about the site. And if anybody doesn't know about it, would it kill somebody else to point them in the direction of the URL?

2) Exposure doesn't seem to be the problem. At some point, yes, it will be released here at XF.com also, but since there will likely be a change coming that will break existing installations, it'd be more of a mess to having a bunch of people install the current version only to then have all of their games break with an update. [Yes, an update will definitely break existing installations. No, there will not be an upgrade path for existing installed games, it'll end up being a clean install. That comes with using alpha/beta versions.]

3) So step forward and volunteer to help out with the project. Don't like the way I'm doing something? Be part of the solution instead of trying to change the ownership of it. If/when I turn the project over to somebody else the odds are that if/when that day comes it would be to somebody who is already helping out instead of anybody who says they'll work on it only after they have control of it.
The problem is I honestly don't believe you're working on the project and you've been saying you are for over a 1 year, but haven't shown anything to prove it to anyone, anywhere.... You're own staff believe the project is dead.

xfarcade.com 2012-7-30 11:43:28.webp

http://xfarcade.com/threads/xenporta-error-after-fix.199

The last update was Feb. 2012 (I stand corrected) and the last time you posted on your own site was in May only to talk about how someone could install a game (because a lot of games will not install).

My solution, being part of the solution at this point would be when time and money allows, would be to have someone else develop an alternative, affectively replacing yours.

Because respectfully, I have zero interest in helping someone who has shown zero signs or interest in further developing it on his own. Claiming it, isn't even enough.

... I have zero interest in helping someone who has shown zero signs or interest in further developing it on his own. ...
But you do have interest in completely taking over the project. Nice of you also to basically dismiss everything that has gone into it so far, says a lot. Got it, I understand your position perfectly now. :coffee:

But you do have interest in completely taking over the project. Nice of you also to basically dismiss everything that has gone into it so far, says a lot. Got it, I understand your position perfectly now. :coffee:
Do I want to take over your project? No.

I would like to see it become open source so that others could develop from it and perhaps help you develop it. I'd like to see it released here on XenForo.com so that more people and thus more developers could be made aware of it and could give their impute, as currently it is suffering from a lack of exposure.

Very honestly, an arcade is outside my scope of skill. Getting Adobe Flash games to work with php, mysql, css, and java scripts (combined) sadly would be outside my skill level at the moment. I've never been good at Flash Player. So I couldn't single handedly take over your project, even if you handed it to me.

But I would happily hire someone else to build an alternative (something new) if there isn't any development and if your product continues to be a dead end. From there it would be released as open source so that others could either add to it or develop their own.

Man, don't start using me as a tool on this. I was asked to be a mod on their site to help with spam, that doesn't make me "staff" necessarily, nor does it make me an expert on all things XFArcade. Does it look dead? It does. Does that mean it is? Not necessarily. I think Kevin and the real team have done well with what they have and as they are talking about something breaking installations, it seems they have been doing some work and just not updating.

So in short, anything I say unless it's prefaced by "IT'S OFFICIAL" is nothing more than conjecture on my part and is not to be taken as gospel.

Man, don't start using me as a tool on this. I was asked to be a mod on their site to help with spam, that doesn't make me "staff" necessarily, nor does it make me an expert on all things XFArcade. Does it look dead? It does. Does that mean it is? Not necessarily. I think Kevin and the real team have done well with what they have and as they are talking about something breaking installations, it seems they have been doing some work and just not updating.

So in short, anything I say unless it's prefaced by "IT'S OFFICIAL" is nothing more than conjecture on my part and is not to be taken as gospel.
I apologies if you took offence in my post. It was not my attentional to take your words out of context, if you feel that is what I have done. It was only meant to be used as a standing example of what generally other people believe is going on with XFArcade, nothing more.

....and as they are talking about something breaking installations ...
The next update will be minor but behind the scenes it is that conversation that was taking place about changing the additional files to be stored in the file system instead of the DB. That way it allows for IPB games that have additional files.

So the big notice at the top of the screen in bold for guests pointing to the forum that has a sticky called "XFA Testers - DOWNLOAD" was too subtle? :unsure:
That notice didnt exist when i was looking to see if this plugin was still in devolopment.

The Arcade was a huge hit when i was still on vB however i really have no interest in it anymore as my community has matured and no longer requires a gimmick to keep members active.

But at any rate my post was meant as constructive criticism my apologies if my feedback was dated.

Members can play games...like asteroids and pacman. They battle each other for top score. It is sorely underdeveloped right now, but it works in it's basic form.

I'm down to group fund further development of XFArcade or a new Arcade.
Anyone who is starting a fund or is interested in developing can PM me.

I understand it's the holidays (even if it wasn't), that add-ons like this take time and attention. I'm willing to fork out money, but I donate only if I know it gets continued development. I'm afraid to donate on add-ons that haven't seen attention in a while.

I understand it's the holidays (even if it wasn't), that add-ons like this take time and attention. I'm willing to fork out money, but I donate only if I know it gets continued development. I'm afraid to donate on add-ons that haven't seen attention in a while.
Heard from a developer whom I thought would be perfect to take over over XFA; time constraints prevents him from working on it at the moment.

With that XFA is destined to be either shuttered completely and/or released under some type of OSS license unless a developer, whom I haven't already talked with, is interested in taking it over & contacts me.

I'm down too.

Can someone help me with this? Need to get rid of it. Was there, then deleted game and remained there. Then reinstalled game. Someone else became champion and mine still remianed there. Now, I'm the champ again but listed twice (first is a bug).

Thank you

Attachments

• Screen shot 2014-08-20 at 3.59.45 PM.webp
    Screen shot 2014-08-20 at 3.59.45 PM.webp
    3.3 KB · Views: 12
    3.3 KB · Views: 9
    3.3 KB · Views: 9
Top Bottom