Arcade Add-on?

Any update on this arcade add on?

Doubt anyone is working on anything. Best I've found is this:

Just need like a bridge to connect a xenforo database to it for easier management.

I'm not sure this is even feasible with HTML5 games as the sites I have found that provide HTML5 games either have no API or I haven't heard back from them. I heard from 2 sites that have API access but they both cost money to use their games so I'm looking at implementing these 2 into the addon but if their payment gateway stops me from doing this then the addon won't be feasible. If anyone knows of any sites offering free HTML5 games that you can add to your site either using an API or downloading and uploading to your site that would be great.

I'm not sure this is even feasible with HTML5 games as the sites I have found that provide HTML5 games either have no API or I haven't heard back from them. I heard from 2 sites that have API access but they both cost money to use their games so I'm looking at implementing these 2 into the addon but if their payment gateway stops me from doing this then the addon won't be feasible. If anyone knows of any sites offering free HTML5 games that you can add to your site either using an API or downloading and uploading to your site that would be great.

What sort of money are they after? It might be an acceptable cost to licence depending on the use.

What sort of money are they after? It might be an acceptable cost to licence depending on the use.
The one site I know for sure, they offer a monthly subscription, or you can outright buy the rights to each game for a large amount of money hence why they offer a monthly subscription.

I used to have an arcade on my site. I integrated the Wordpress arcade plugin MyArcadePlugin using a couple of Themehouse bridges then gave it a makeover to suit my needs. Used HTML5 games that are widely available for the IPB arcade system. It had highscores, contests and forum widgets - it was fairly basic but worked as intended as a distraction.

I think I was probably one of the only ones that had an arcade for XF 2.x

Attachments

• ArcadeIndex.webp
    ArcadeIndex.webp
    60 KB · Views: 24
  • ArcadePlay.webp
    ArcadePlay.webp
    63 KB · Views: 25
  • ForumWidget.webp
    ForumWidget.webp
    45.9 KB · Views: 19
  • ic_arcade.webp
    ic_arcade.webp
    50.7 KB · Views: 18
  • ic_arcadegame.webp
    ic_arcadegame.webp
    46.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_2020-12-04 Games Room.webp
    Screenshot_2020-12-04 Games Room.webp
    71.1 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_2020-12-04 Yacht Dice Game – Games Room.webp
    Screenshot_2020-12-04 Yacht Dice Game – Games Room.webp
    47.6 KB · Views: 15
  • stats.webp
    stats.webp
    42.9 KB · Views: 24
I used to have an arcade on my site. I integrated the Wordpress arcade plugin MyArcadePlugin using a couple of Themehouse bridges then gave it a makeover to suit my needs. Used HTML5 games that are widely available for the IPB arcade system. It had highscores, contests and forum widgets - it was fairly basic but worked as intended as a distraction.

I think I was probably one of the only ones that had an arcade for XF 2.x
What made you take it down?

What made you take it down?
Themehouse didn't update their addons at the time to work with the required PHP versions and then they changed their pricing policy before abandoning ship altogether and the Wordpress arcade wasn't very well supported either. It was really more hassle than it was worth for the number of times the games were played.

I also think arcades have had their time and I'd probably have removed it by now anyway.

Last edited:
Themehouse didn't update their addons at the time to work with the required PHP versions and then they changed their pricing policy before abandoning ship altogether and the Wordpress arcade wasn't very well supported either. It was really more hassle than it was worth for the number of times the games were played.

I also think arcades have had their time and I'd probably have removed it by now anyway.

Pretty high nostalgia / work boredom request from my users.

I don't think they have, I still see many sites using arcades of some sort. It just sucks that Flash stopped being supported and developed as flash games were the easiest to implement into an addon.

I would only add 80’s arcade games for the nostalgic feeling of the decade. I seriously hope somebody gets one up and running. That would be great.

Top Bottom