1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Must have XenForo mods?

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by David_, Oct 1, 2012.

1. David_

David_ Active Member

What are the must have XenForo mods for a site to operate?
  2. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

3. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Jakes node as tabs is an excellent navigation add-on allowing for tab management the most useful add-on on xenforo imo. FREE

Not sure if your worried about social features that adds to the social aspect of a site

Post ratings - by Dark Immortal: an extension on the likes system that allows you to give more than a like. PAID
    Xenmoods - I find a nice feature that members always like (though I'm not sure what your site entails) but members tend to like these. FREE
    Notifications - By Chris Deeming: Very useful notification for your guests members and has tons of options and a bargain a very useful and versatile add-on. PAID
    Bookmarks by Syndol: Again a useful bookmarking manager for members to keep track of their fav posts. PAID

There's also a range of other good add-ons but it depends what kind you are looking for, kind of site you have and really how you operate. But the above are ones I find useful Node as tabs is a must no site should be without this.
    Alien, Jake Bunce, surfsup and 2 others like this.
  4. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

On top of those above :), we love the Route Changer, so simple yet lets you customize the "little things in life"
  5. karll

karll Well-Known Member

I find that Tapatalk is quite important.
    Garamond and Insy like this.
  6. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

I also put Nodes As Tabs by Jake as the top addon.

Syndol's Conversation Essentials - it shows who the other person is on the Conversation list plus lots of other useful controls. FREE and PAID versions.
    Stay Logged In - not sure who does this but it's a small but vital contribution to civilisation - it automatically default ticks that littler box that keeps you logged in FREE.
    Library by Waindigo. FREE. Users (permission by usergroup) can create Article pages exactly like writing a forum post, using the bbcode editor. Pictures/ photos so can create a gallery. Articles paginate and can link to a forum or thread to discuss. Articles collect in a Library with preview snippet. Etc.
    Alien and Jake Bunce like this.
  7. Robbo

Robbo Well-Known Member

All of mine. Just 'cause I want your money ;) haha
    simbolo, MichaelDance and Chris D like this.
  8. craigiri

craigiri Well-Known Member

Nodes as tabs.
    Unanswered Threads (this helps your community help others big time).

Digital Point Ad Positioning - for a bit of extra $$$

After thats, it an entire Buffet - different add-ons for different forums...
  9. MichaelDance

MichaelDance Well-Known Member

Alien likes this.
  10. MagnusB

MagnusB Well-Known Member

11. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member