Duplicate Must Have - Subscribe by Forum

Cory Booth

OK... I have heard all the agruments against such a feature - however...

The biggest reason I have lost user interaction is the confusion and inability in VB to subscribe to a forum.

Right now, there is logic in place to not send replies if you haven't visited the site and other similar methods - that may be fine and "best practice" for some - but for me, it is a huge problem.

My site is small, my users subscribe to a forum and they expect to see everything going on...
All new posts, all replies, etc....

I REALLY need a method to allow users to subscribe to a forum and get everything that happens - no matter what nor if they visited the site, etc...

Heck I'll go a far as to say, subscribe to the site as a whole....

This is a big thorn in my side now and I edit core files to do my best to enable this functionality in current VB.

Upvote 6
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Letting users "subscribe" to a specific category of your Forum is definitely a great idea !
Would love to see this.

Many people as myself as well, do not know of how to subscribe to a specific section (category) of a Forum by using RSS.

Same here - I know I'm a bit old school to still want email alerts vs. following the rss feed, but I'd love to have an option to watch (get instant email alerts) when posts are made in the announcements forum for example. Possibly you could set which forums one can subscribe (by email) to if too much email sent is a concern for larger sites.

This feature has been requested by the members of my community as well. Similar to how it is implemented in vBulletin where the member can choose to be notified immediately of new threads in a forum or receive a daily digest of the same.

Devs, please consider adding this soon. Thanks.

Top Bottom