1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Multisite?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Alexander Firth, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Alexander Firth

Alexander Firth Active Member

How can I install 2 Xenforo packages to different subdomains, with 2 different licenses, but have them use the same database and avatars etc? I'm wary of putting in the same database details on the second install because when I did this with myBB once it wiped my entire database :D

I've seen the Multisite add on, but I have duplicate content concerns with it.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

What are you trying to achieve?

You can't have two different sites using the same database - it would definitely require an add-on or custom development.

3. Alexander Firth

Alexander Firth Active Member

Dangit. Wanted a separate install in a subdomain with different add-ons installed on it, but where users can use their existing credentials.

4. RobParker

RobParker Well-Known Member

There are addons that will do that. Search the RM and you'll find them but I don't know any well enough to recommend.

5. Damnlag

Damnlag Member

I too was hoping that something like this was possible to add connected forums in different speaking languages that members could toggle with a dropdown like choosing a different forum theme. Would be the same forum, but different posts by users in the other language.

Alexander Firth likes this.