XF 1.4 Multiquote system not adding new quotes

Stuart Wright

This is with 1.4.6, when pressing the Quote+ button and then pressing the Insert Quotes... button, the new post is not included and a different post (which I added to the multi quote system a few days ago) is the only one listed in the Multiquote modal.
Seems to have been happening since we installed 1.4.6, but can't be sure.
This is reproducible and several members are reporting it: https://www.avforums.com/threads/quoting-other-users.1951603/ (you need to be logged in to view).
I haven't tried removing our addons because, well, we have 88 of them.

You're going to need to go through the standard troubleshooting steps. Nothing related to multi-quote changed with 1.4.6.

If you can't do the troubleshooting on the live site, ideally you'd need to confirm the issue on a staging site and then do the troubleshooting there.

Stuart I had a quick look as I'm on your site anyway and I can confirm the issue.

Specifically the issue appears to relate to something that is duplicating your cookies and then not being subsequently updated, e.g. I multi-quote post 1, I get a cookie of xf_MultiQuote with a value of 1. I also get a duplicate cookie (with an encoded value) named BNES_xf_MultiQuote. If I then multi-quote post 2, then the xf_MultiQuote value changes to "1,2", but the BNES_xf_MultiQuote cookie doesn't get updated.

For some reason, when loading the Quote overlay, the (out of date) value of the BNES_xf_MultiQuote cookie is used. Whatever that is, you need to disable it... I can't actually find any info as to what it is... any ideas?

FYI: Cookies with "BNES_" prefix are used by the Barracuda security firewall for cookie tamper protection purposes. I know it, because we also use Barracuda.

There seems to be a configuration problem at your Barracuda Firewall appliance. This has nothing to do with XenForo.

Top Bottom