Lack of interest Multiple uploads from iPhone.

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Hornstar

Currently on the iPhone 5 in xenforo you are only able to upload 1 photo at a time. This is quite tedious, boring and slow.

What I would like is this:
image.webp
Just as a note. I took this screenshot on my iPhone 5 at another competing forum product which has multiple uploads working on the iPhone 5 (which is about the only thing they do have working lol)

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
And that's not a native app that's allowing you to do that?

I didn't even know you could do multi-uploads via web pages with an iPhone. You can't even do that with Facebook - though I guess that's more to do with the fact that they already have a native app and want you to use that.

And that's not a native app that's allowing you to do that?

I didn't even know you could do multi-uploads via web pages with an iPhone. You can't even do that with Facebook - though I guess that's more to do with the fact that they already have a native app and want you to use that.

On Vb5 to be more clear. With my iPhone 5 directly on the site using the standard browser. So yeah native. It's about the only thing I like about vb5 and the only thing that seems to work for me.

And it's achieved VERY simply:

<input type="file" multiple>

The only difference between the current non-flash uploader and that is the "multiple" attribute. The good thing about it is, although it's a HTML5 attribute and won't work on older browsers, that attribute is simply ignored if the browser doesn't support it. So the fallback to a non multiple file upload is very graceful.

In my overly simplistic head, the code changes required shouldn't be too heavy either. I think it would effectively be the same but with each file upload added to an array and looped through.

And actually, @Kier and @Mike, one pertinent point is, people are craving for a better solution than Flash and the only browser that doesn't work properly with the HTML5 multiple attribute is IE9 and below.

So we're potentially looking at a browser native file uploader here. The non-flash uploader with the multiple attribute could be the default (bearing in mind it also allows you to pass allowed mime types with the accept attribute...) and the flash uploader could be the default for IE9 and below.

Top Bottom