Lack of interest Multiple Theme Parents

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Dad.

Hey!

Not at all sure how easy this would be to build, but I just thought of something that I feel is quite useful. I was working on a job that asked me to design a few themes, all based off a similar concept. Just some color changes. And then on top of that, each of those 3-4 color change variation themes need a light version with whites and a dark version with dark grays. And then finally each and every theme should be fluid.

So my setup is something like:

-- Master
-- -- Light
-- -- -- -- Color 1
-- -- -- -- -- [Fluid] Color 1
-- -- -- -- Color 2
-- -- -- -- -- [Fluid] Color 2
-- -- -- -- Color 3
-- -- -- -- -- [Fluid] Color 3
-- -- -- -- Color 4
-- -- -- -- -- [Fluid] Color n
-- -- -- -- [Fluid] Light

-- -- Dark
-- -- -- -- Color 1
-- -- -- -- -- [Fluid] Color 1
-- -- -- -- Color 2
-- -- -- -- -- [Fluid] Color 2
-- -- -- -- Color 3
-- -- -- -- -- [Fluid] Color 3
-- -- -- -- Color 4
-- -- -- -- -- [Fluid] Color n
-- -- -- -- [Fluid] Dark

The items in green are essentially would just be export, then reimports of the same skin with just a few changes, if organized correctly.

If I could instead, like using the concept of usergroups, make object themes that perform a specific function, I find that we could only actually have, using the example above, 8 themes instead of 21:

-- Master (just for core changes/template changes)
-- -- Light (with a light color palette)
-- -- Dark (with a dark color palette)
-- -- -- -- Color 1 (color changes, child of Light and Dark)
-- -- -- -- Color 2 (color changes, child of Light and Dark)
-- -- -- -- Color 3 (color changes, child of Light and Dark)
-- -- -- -- Color n (color changes, child of Light and Dark)
-- -- -- -- Fluid (Child of Light, Dark, Color 1, 2, 3, n)

Not sure if this makes sense. Right now, for this specific project it does for me, I think it would be very help. But it might be a bad idea hard to tell so help me out :P

Thanks,
Mike

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Top Bottom