Implemented Multiple Smilies Import / ACP Upload

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Shoot. I'm sorry. Didn't mean to repost. I looked for it a few days ago. Mods can you delete this. :confused:
Don't feel bad, it is a topic that comes up often. :coffee:

Besides being able to assign the images to categories there have also been requests/suggestions for more simple tasks like being able to assign a sort order to them so that they can at least appear in a certain sequence in the menus.

I don't recall there being any released add-ons to create categories (doesn't mean that there haven't been, I just don't recall if there was) but I do know of at least one add-on for bulk adding new smilies to your site.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/massive-smiley-importer.8757/

Thank you Kevin, this is just what I needed. I quick upload.;)
Beware, dont go adding literally TONS of smilies as xenForo isnt really geared up for showing them all gracefully. I am sure a full blown smily system with categories wasnt a deal breaker feature but Im sure a better smilie manager will come in a future release.

Beware, dont go adding literally TONS of smilies as xenForo isnt really geared up for showing them all gracefully. I am sure a full blown smily system with categories wasnt a deal breaker feature but Im sure a better smilie manager will come in a future release.

Unless your using the happyplace add-on which organizes them neatly enough last count on local I have 150 odd smilies. But your correct the current default solution isn't catered for housing a vast array of smilies unless you enjoy scrolling from the dropdown menu no matter how much you increase the dropdown container's width.

Bump.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/batch-smiley-uploading.49663/

Because I merged your other post as it was a bump and you posted again deliberately.

Well, I'm not debating with you anymore about it the timeline was changed (whether it was due to merging) it voided my liking for this feature which many members have been on my back for in the way of providing a sql file when it's really a system issue or therefore lack of.

I'm merely posting because of a feature I think is valuable to xenforo.

You're liking of the suggestion is still on the first post, as stated in the guidelines of the forums... A merged bump voided that how? :confused:

You're liking of the suggestion is still on the first post, as stated in the guidelines of the forums... A merged bump voided that how? :confused:

Is this really necessary that any kind of debate people have with a staff member your jumping in?

Look at the timeline of this post http://xenforo.com/community/threads/smilie-improvement.31680/#post-362434 which was made today or atleast part of it. My reason for resurrecting such a post? There have been many people on my back requiring a sql file so they can add smilies in one go when it's not an issue I feel should be on my shoulders, but added to the system therefore the "bump" (maybe don't look at it as spammy bump your think of that wasn't the purpose) as I feel this is how it was seen but a valuable feature that got shot up to the top of the list so members are aware there is such a feature suggested who really want this but have not come forward yet.

Top Bottom