• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Implemented Multiple Smilies Import / ACP Upload

Shelley

This is a small part of a widely requested feature which is discussed in many threads.

* Smiley categories (Backend)
* Smiley weighting/sorting (Backend)
* Smiley in rows (for people using many smilies) (Frontend)
* Smiley large sizes appearing correctly (front and backend)
* Import multiple smiley upload

There's quite a list. :)

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
I was planning to use queries to bulk add smilies, for example:

INSERT INTO xf_smilie VALUES ('12','Test',':test:','styles/default/xenforo/smilies/test.png');

However, they're only visible in the ACP and not in the editor so I need to find out what else is updated when adding them via the ACP.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
I've been adding mine directly using SQL queries.
Something's not being updated correctly though and I can't figure out what.
It must be some sort of caching but I've tried everything I can think of.

Peggy

I wouldn't know how to do that, at all.

I have mine all uploaded to the server, but it takes a looooooooooooong time to add each one individually when you have to type (or paste) in the path.

inph

I was planning to use queries to bulk add smilies, for example:

INSERT INTO xf_smilie VALUES ('12','Test',':test:','styles/default/xenforo/smilies/test.png');

However, they're only visible in the ACP and not in the editor so I need to find out what else is updated when adding them via the ACP.
Quick Fix: you can insert them directly into the database, then just go into the ACP and edit a smilie and save it without making any changes and it will update where ever it's being cached.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Quick Fix: you can insert them directly into the database, then just go into the ACP and edit a smilie and save it without making any changes and it will update where ever it's being cached.
I tried that when I did it but it didn't work for me.
Maybe that was just Chrome and its weird caching again though.

DroidHost

yes to the Suggestion
let me say the solution will be letting the admin Export the smilies that he already put so any one can import them :)