Not planned Multiple RM instances on one site

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilesDB

Since there is a multitude of resource types, site owners might need more than one instance of the RM to be able to present their content in a logical and structured manner with each resource type having its own Latest, Top and Most Downloaded tabs. For example resource types might be user-interactive Downloads, Articles, Videos, Recipes, etc. Please consider offering multiple-instance licenses.

This would probably require resource discussion threads to be in the RM.

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Well you can only have one RM so why do you need more than one tab?

You can put tabs in for categories if you wish, but that seems a little redundant as they are available in the sidebar.

You can put tabs in for categories if you wish, but that seems a little redundant as they are available in the sidebar.

Thanks, I understand that, but for usability's sake, front and center is paramount for the non-savvy masses.

I have to remind myself as an admin that the audience is not always aware of where things are. I'm always gobsmacked when someone tells me "I never knew that was there before" —when it had been for years.

I can basically say that's not going to happen. You can always direct people to specific categories.
Would it be possible then to have an option in the categories column to exclude all other resource types from being displayed except the one selected and make Categories clickable to display default design (all resource types)?

Like this: ________________________________Instead of this:

rmcat1.webp______________ rmcat2.webp

I think you would get complaints from your members if that was the case, as it would require using the breadcrumb to navigate back up a level.

In the categories column making Categories clickable to display all resource types should take care of it.

That's originally how it was, but it was decided to change it for how it works now.

I don't imagine there will be an option to choose.

I hope devs will give us such an option. This way each resource type can visually have its own separate place on one's site.

1+
One for Apps
Another for Reviews.

There are very different, we can not arrange them into categories. They are should be in different system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom