1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not Planned Multiple RM instances on one site

Discussion in 'Resource Manager Closed Suggestions' started by kyrgyz, Feb 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kyrgyz

kyrgyz Well-Known Member

Since there is a multitude of resource types, site owners might need more than one instance of the RM to be able to present their content in a logical and structured manner with each resource type having its own Latest, Top and Most Downloaded tabs. For example resource types might be user-interactive Downloads, Articles, Videos, Recipes, etc. Please consider offering multiple-instance licenses.

This would probably require resource discussion threads to be in the RM.
    gordy and Veer like this.
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I can basically say that's not going to happen. You can always direct people to specific categories.
    Jeremy and Vincent like this.
  3. gordy

gordy Well-Known Member

Okay then, at the very least can multiple category tabs for the nav be added?
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

What do you mean by multiple category tabs?

The categories are listed in the sidebar on the left: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/

There are further permissions planned which may achieve what you're after.
  5. gordy

gordy Well-Known Member

Sorry, I don't know the xen term for them; like here.

6. Brogan

Well you can only have one RM so why do you need more than one tab?

You can put tabs in for categories if you wish, but that seems a little redundant as they are available in the sidebar.
  7. gordy

gordy Well-Known Member

Thanks, I understand that, but for usability's sake, front and center is paramount for the non-savvy masses.

I have to remind myself as an admin that the audience is not always aware of where things are. I'm always gobsmacked when someone tells me "I never knew that was there before" —when it had been for years.
  8. kyrgyz

kyrgyz Well-Known Member

Would it be possible then to have an option in the categories column to exclude all other resource types from being displayed except the one selected and make Categories clickable to display default design (all resource types)?

Like this: ________________________________Instead of this:

rmcat1.jpg ______________ rmcat2.jpg
    ragtek likes this.
  9. Brogan

I think you would get complaints from your members if that was the case, as it would require using the breadcrumb to navigate back up a level.
  10. kyrgyz

kyrgyz Well-Known Member

In the categories column making Categories clickable to display all resource types should take care of it.
  11. Brogan

That's originally how it was, but it was decided to change it for how it works now.

I don't imagine there will be an option to choose.
  12. kyrgyz

kyrgyz Well-Known Member

I hope devs will give us such an option. This way each resource type can visually have its own separate place on one's site.
  13. Dinh Thanh

Dinh Thanh Well-Known Member

One for Apps
    Another for Reviews.

There are very different, we can not arrange them into categories. They are should be in different system.
  14. Brogan

The suggestion has already been rejected.

Vincent likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.