Lack of interest Multiple Reports of a post go to same thread

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Chimpie

I searched to see if this was suggested but didn't see it.

If multiple people report a particular post, it shouldn't create multiple threads. The system should put all of the reports into one thread.

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
It's not a bug. When you disable the normal reporting system, you lose all sorts of things (assignment, alerts, permissions, etc) and the elements that involve the actual system (content based tracking, extra data being displayed with the content). Don't expect full implementation of things in the reporting system into the forum report; that is (and I suspect always will be) the primary system.

It's not a bug. When you disable the normal reporting system, you lose all sorts of things (assignment, alerts, permissions, etc) and the elements that involve the actual system (content based tracking, extra data being displayed with the content). Don't expect full implementation of things in the reporting system into the forum report; that is (and I suspect always will be) the primary system.
Would it be possible to have them both running in parallel so that having the reports posting into a forum doesn't disable the normal system?

Our forum mods find it useful to have an archive of reported posts in the moderator discussion section - you get quick searching, including the archive of all the vBulletin era reports - so I've chosen that over getting the full reporting system - but can't see why it's an either-or choice.

Top Bottom