1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiple license discount?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by steven s, Sep 24, 2010.

1. steven s

steven s Well-Known Member

I didn't notice if there would be multiple license discounts.
    I figure 3 licenses doesn't require 3 times the support.
  2. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

They don't offer them yet (As they just started mentioning price), but they plan to do so at some point (Hopefully next year).
  3. steven s

steven s Well-Known Member

140 is still reasonable compared to what I'm used to.
    Trying to decide how many licenses to get off the bat.
    Forsaken likes this.
  4. Floris

Floris Guest

I believe that they mentioned bulk discount is not something they are offering from the start.
  5. projectego

projectego Active Member

If that is the case, Floris, then that is certainly very good news. I'm very eager to purchase a great number of launches at launch, personally.
  6. Paul M

Paul M Well-Known Member

Are you sure you read the reply correctly ? They are not planning a bulk discount atm.
  7. projectego

projectego Active Member

My mistake. I somehow must have misread Floris' response. In that case, I'll still be interested in investing in a number of XF licenses regardless; a bulk discount would have been nice, but the reduction of $40 per license is already a very inviting premise.
  8. Decado

Decado Active Member

Will be looking to buy 2 off the bat regardless, but would certainly be interested in more if there was some sort of bulk discount - just in case the extra interest is valuable data to you guys.
  9. compwhizii

compwhizii Active Member

DragonByte entering the XF scene? Oh the possibilities.
    Decado likes this.
  10. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Well-Known Member

$40.00 off the $140.00 is already a 28.5% discount :p
    Abomination likes this.
  11. Decado

Decado Active Member

:p which is great if you know exactly how many licenses you'll ever need in the first day of beta, but for a larger investment (of more licenses) it's usually better to wait and get a better idea of the limitations of the software, how users are reacting to it, how easy it is to make do what you want etc :p

All of that is quite difficult to do within a day xD
    Walter likes this.
  12. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

100% true. But after you have evaluated, there may be a bulk discount in place.
  13. OperaManiac

OperaManiac Well-Known Member

i had wish they had consider a service where an existing customer can buy a new license at a smallish discount based on how many licenses he owns... in addition to bulk discount scheme. not everyone would be in a position to buy multiple licenses in one go. but a lot of us might be tempted to buy more (individual at a time) in the future.
    CurveGotti likes this.
  14. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member

Ashley told me that it's unlikely that the early adopters discount will be offered again and it is likely that this would be the biggest discount they would offer.
  15. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

So if you brought two licences that would be a 57% discount, choice ... time to buy in bulk ...
  16. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Well-Known Member

I don't think it doesn't work like that. The discount rate is fixed regardless of how many licenses you purchase.

40.00 out of 140.00
    80.00 out of 280.00
    120.00 out of 420.00

Decado and OperaManiac like this.