Implemented Multiple Files Upload.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
How do you handle the whole versioning thing then?

Note that this is a very fundamental change, as it changes assumptions that were 1:1 relationships and makes them 1:n, which changes design decisions quite significantly.

Note that this is a very fundamental change, as it changes assumptions that were 1:1 relationships and makes them 1:n, which changes design decisions quite significantly.

Ah I see. I'll get back to you on that at a later date I hadn't realized it was a significant change to the system. Perhaps something that can be discussed later on the year. :)

Could you say if only 1 file is submitted it auto downloads as design (current state)

If multiple files are submitted upon clicking the download button an overlay opens and the resources with each download button/link is displayed with all the multiple files displayed. (Just a suggestion for maybe something to look at in the future) If I understood the significant design changes.(Mainly thinking out loud with that suggestion) unsure whether than makes it easier, probably doesn't.

With versioning of my own resources this can differ but mainly they are colour change versions of the same item which I would much rather keep consolidated within one resource rather than span across multiple release submissions.

I need this as well.

My idea would be to designate one file as primary and all the others as secondary. Might be easier to work with that way. And at least as far as our usage goes, makes perfect sense in most in not all cases.

How about Git like philosophy to see the collection of files under one resource where any partial change in any of the files will change the state of the system and everything (or the collection as a whole) will get a new version number.

If multiple file upload/download in one resource is supported, then I'm definitely buying this addon. Would be great for my music creation site, where in one resource I can have templates and additional files (like wav sample files, artwork, etc). Of course we could just upload a single zip, but I rather have them download what they only need, thus saving bandwidth. Addon's in the Resource Manager here with one zip file for each resource are probably mostly in the kilobytes range, but media files are much bigger. Zipping those huge files in one package is too big.

Kind of need this too but for a slightly different reason.

I would like to offer full-games (legally :rolleyes:) and the developers need a way to offer platform support so when downloading, the game for the current platform is downloaded (linux, windows, osx). With one download this is not possible and they can't package them all into one since that would be a waste of space.

However, I honestly am not sure how versioning.

This would be a realy great improvement. Often there are optional downloads for a download and in the moment there is for every optional file a new entry in the resource manager necessary.

There is a workaround. Let's say you are coding a theme but also offer PSDs. Since the PSDs remain the same you will want 2 separate downloads, while updating only the theme itself. So you go ahead and upload the PSDs as resource first and name the version "Theme-PSD". Then you upload the theme itself as a resource and name it "Theme-PHP", maybe also with version in the name if you want to feature all versions for download in the future. Then you copy the link to the "Downloads" Tab and create a 3rd resource update but as external link. Paste the link and then name the version as your current version is. That way, it all displays right in the Resource overview and the "Download Resource" button will lead you to the downloads. One must be VERY stupid not to grasp that you need to click the "Download" next to "Theme" and "PSD" to get the corresponding file. Worst case, put a short "how to" in the category description, so it is visible on top all the time. You will get used to this procedure, it is not as bad as you think.

Sorry for the bump, but any updates on this? It's pretty much a feature I need on my own site for much the same reasons as others have specified.

i up. i would like to see it before i buy it.. as we handle same version number of an application for win32,win64,linux,mac. as i can see right now, at ressources i would need to made 4 of them..

I am currently having many thousands of entries imported from Links and Downloads Manager, into XFRM. Many have multiple files.
But there is no function for multiple files. Yet, every other download manager that I know has this.

Top Bottom