Implemented Multiple Files Upload.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I am currently having many thousands of entries imported from Links and Downloads Manager, into XFRM. Many have multiple files.
But there is no function for multiple files. Yet, every other download manager that I know has this.

How'd you handle it? It's really disappointing that such a critical feature is still missing 3 years later, with the demand for it being it quite visible.

I've imported the first file as the download and all other files as attachments. This results in that most members will overlook the attachments.

Our XenForo is now public and the first resources habe been added and now I wish this feature even more. There are very often downloads with different versions or optional files.

Guess I'll bump this into 2017.
Bought the resource addon to try it out before buying a second license for my second site. Had I known before that it lacked multiple file capability I wouldn't have bought it all. Unfortunately this is a must have function for my second site so I went and bought another forum software instead. Xenforo is probably the best forum software out there but lack of basic functions that exist in any other download manager will scare away a lot of customers i think, and I'm one of them.

Unfortunately the XF addons have been stagnating for years now since the development is focused on XF2 more or less exclusively. There are definitely plenty of customers who are unhappy with the current situation.

Still don't see an option to add multiple external URLs...

Anyway, don't matter. Still get notifications about this even though I moved on to another software due to the lack of user request support from the devs. It took all the way to version 2.0 to add multiple file support? And even that is limited still...

Xen is a joke when it comes to features... The forum is great, don't get me wrong. But the extensions are meh at best that gets no attention.

Yeah both RM and MG are very limited and a joke. They are very stable though.

I had also purchased the MG and regretted it only after a few hours because it was so limited. I wish I could get my money back for it. I uninstalled it and purchased Bob's Showcase add-on instead and it's like night and day. The problem is there's not another alternate for the RM. I've been hoping someone would come up with like a Downloads add-on, but so far no luck.

What platform did you switch to?

I guess the one good thing about XF is its very stable and really hard to screw up. A lot of the other platforms out there don't like add-ons being installed and you can crash your install very easily. The way XF is set up is much better and prevents that from happening. If something goes wrong it only takes about a minute to correct. I do agree though, it is very limited.

I had also purchased the MG and regretted it only after a few hours because it was so limited. I wish I could get my money back for it. I uninstalled it and purchased Bob's Showcase add-on instead and it's like night and day. The problem is there's not another alternate for the RM. I've been hoping someone would come up with like a Downloads add-on, but so far no luck.
Posting suggestions is the best way to affect change in future versions. It will of course seem like progress is slow as we've primarily been focusing on XF 2.0 for the last few years, but we're hoping to ramp up development in all areas which was one of the driving factors behind re-writing the XF code base.

Please do put some thoughts together (as individual suggestions in the appropriate forum/s) and let us know what we could do to improve. Though it's worth bearing in mind that if Showcase met your needs then perhaps it was never a gallery you needed in the first place, though we'd be interested specifically in aspects that you feel make it unviable as a Gallery product. I don't recall hearing such feedback in the past, but I'm sure it will be useful nonetheless.

FWIW we do maintain a reasonable refund policy so it may be worth contacting us (depending on how long since you purchased etc.).

Though it's worth bearing in mind that if Showcase met your needs then perhaps it was never a gallery you needed in the first place, though we'd be interested specifically in aspects that you feel make it unviable as a Gallery product. I don't recall hearing such feedback in the past, but I'm sure it will be useful nonetheless.

It was a while ago and I would have to reinstall MG to figure out what was missing (which I'm not doing), but I think one of the main things was not being able to auto-create a thread in a selected forum when someone added something to the MG. Again, I'm not sure if that was one of the things missing or not and if it was you may have already added it to MG2 by now. What I have found is most users (at least mine) ignore the navigation tabs and even the sidebar stuff, but if they see a new post in a forum they notice it.

FWIW we do maintain a reasonable refund policy so it may be worth contacting us (depending on how long since you purchased etc.).

It's too late now. I just assumed like most downloaded SW that it was not refundable. Once downloaded and installed that is it.

Top Bottom