Now testing this on the same test installation after upgrade to 1.1 beta 5. However, it seems it is no longer detecting since I don't get the alert conversation.Tested this on a fresh install of 1.1 beta 3 and this works as per instructions.
I see, it happened on a recently registered user whose user permissions were limited. The same user created another account and wasn't caught. Those who reported it working, does the system still catch multiple accounts?Remember the add-on won't necessarily catch every user
As high1976 explained, if they're clearing the cookie or using a different computer it won't catch them (and neither did the old VB version).I see, it happened on a recently registered user whose user permissions were limited. The same user created another account and wasn't caught. Those who reported it working, does the system still catch multiple accounts?
This modification sets a special cookie which is not cleared on logout and tracks which accounts are used on the same computer and browser. The idea is mostly similar to the Multiple account login detector (AE Detector) vBulletin modification.
This modification currently does not utilize any kind of IP checks neither it prevents users from registering, but it's possible that these features will be implemented in future.
- Notify selected users using Private Conversations system about detected accounts.
- Notify staff by creating a thread in the selected forum.
- Automatically ban an account if any of the accounts used on the same computer are banned.
- Require manual approval for multiple accounts.
- Select ignored users and user groups (primary or secondary).
- Select cookie name.
- Upload MultipleAccountDetection folder to your XenForo's library folder.
- Import XML file as an Add-On (Admin Control Panel -> Install Add-On).
- Configure the detection in Multiple Account Detection options group in Admin Control Panel.
- Upload MultipleAccountDetection folder to your XenForo's library folder (make sure you overwrite the old files).
- Admin Control Panel -> Manage Add-Ons -> Multiple Account Detection -> Select "Upgrade" and import an XML file.
v1.0.0 — 13 October 2010:
v1.0.1 — 16 October 2010
- Initial release
Please feel free to post here your questions and suggestions.
- Added an option that allows you to require manual approval of multiple accounts
- Small fixes
Oh, one more thing - what should the permissions be set at on the server?I just installed this add-on, but I am unclear how it works. Bottom line: Below are my settings. How do I know if it is working? Does a post magically appear in the forum I designated (moderators' forum, which is hidden from non-moderators, and subscribed to only by moderators) when a multiple account is detected? Will the add-on be able to post to the forum I designated even though it is a "private forum?"
This add-on looks great!
Ignored User Groups 3
- Check if user was banned
- Create new thread on detection
Private Conversation participants 1
- Require manual approval of detected accounts
Forum for reports 9 (moderator forum)