Add-on Paid - Mimic Multiple Accounts - Roleplay Character App

PrettyPixels

I'm interested in a quote for a custom XenForo add-on. Basically, I'd like to mimic the feeling and function of multiple accounts for a roleplaying site, without actually needing multiple accounts.

Here is how it would work:
  1. Member can create a character (or multiple characters) used for roleplay. Each character will have an avatar, bio, and various other custom fields (defined by the admin and fillable by the user) and list the character's owner (real account). Other members (if their user group has permission) can view all the characters and their information, but can only edit their own character(s).
  2. Creating at least one character automatically adds the member into a secondary user group.
  3. We should be able to limit the number of characters a member can create by user group. Also, the character name needs to be unique (among both characters and actual user/member names).
  4. When a user starts a new thread or posts in an existing thread, they can choose to post as themselves or a character they've created. a) A list of the member's characters will appear in a drop-down when they post or reply to an existing thread. They must select a character from the list to post. b) The post or thread will appear to be from the character in the forum, email notification, alerts/notifications, and widgets (such as recent threads). It will use the character's avatar and name, and clicking on either of these will lead to the character's profile (instead of the member's profile).
  5. Certain forums can be excluded from allowing character posts. These forums are defined by the admin in the control panel, and will always show the member's real name/account information.
This is an add-on we had developed for IPS and would like to use it on XenForo, as well. It's much more efficient than multiple sub-accounts.

If this is something you're interested in developing, please PM me with a quote on cost and time to complete.

Last edited:
If this add-on was released as a paid add-on I'd be very interested in purchasing it for my roleplaying forum.

I think the essential part is that threads would have "Display Avatar, Display Name, played by "Name" instead of the usual "Avatar, Name" where display name (e.g. alias) would be the character's avatar image and name. I like the idea of being able to designate some forums and IC (display names/characters allowed or required) and some as OOC (regular profiles only).

Last edited:
I'm interested in a quote for a custom XenForo add-on. Basically, I'd like to mimic the feeling and function of multiple accounts for a roleplaying site, without actually needing multiple accounts.

Here is how it would work:
  1. Member can create a character (or multiple characters) used for roleplay. Each character will have an avatar, bio, and various other custom fields (defined by the admin and fillable by the user) and list the character's owner (real account). Other members (if their user group has permission) can view all the characters and their information, but can only edit their own character(s).
  2. Creating at least one character automatically adds the member into a secondary user group.
  3. We should be able to limit the number of characters a member can create by user group. Also, the character name needs to be unique (among both characters and actual user/member names).
  4. When a user starts a new thread or posts in an existing thread, they can choose to post as themselves or a character they've created. a) A list of the member's characters will appear in a drop-down when they post or reply to an existing thread. They must select a character from the list to post. b) The post or thread will appear to be from the character in the forum, email notification, alerts/notifications, and widgets (such as recent threads). It will use the character's avatar and name, and clicking on either of these will lead to the character's profile (instead of the member's profile).
  5. Certain forums can be excluded from allowing character posts. These forums are defined by the admin in the control panel, and will always show the member's real name/account information.
This is an add-on we had developed for IPS and would like to use it on XenForo, as well. It's much more efficient than multiple sub-accounts.

If this is something you're interested in developing, please PM me with a quote on cost and time to complete.
I've left you a private message in relation to this.

Top Bottom