This modification sets a special cookie which is not cleared on logout and tracks which accounts are used on the same computer and browser. The idea is mostly similar to the Multiple account login detector (AE Detector) vBulletin modification.
This modification currently does not utilize any kind of IP checks neither it prevents users from registering, but it's possible that these features will be implemented in future.
- Notify selected users using Private Conversations system about detected accounts.
- Notify staff by creating a thread in the selected forum.
- Automatically ban an account if any of the accounts used on the same computer are banned.
- Require manual approval for multiple accounts.
- Select ignored users and user groups (primary or secondary).
- Select cookie name.
- Upload MultipleAccountDetection folder to your XenForo's library folder.
- Import XML file as an Add-On (Admin Control Panel -> Install Add-On).
- Configure the detection in Multiple Account Detection options group in Admin Control Panel.
- Upload MultipleAccountDetection folder to your XenForo's library folder (make sure you overwrite the old files).
- Admin Control Panel -> Manage Add-Ons -> Multiple Account Detection -> Select "Upgrade" and import an XML file.
v1.0.0 — 13 October 2010:
- Initial release
- Added an option that allows you to require manual approval of multiple accounts
- Small fixes
This add-on is distributed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.
Please feel free to post here your questions and suggestions.
75.4 KB Views: 723
5 KB Views: 713
89.6 KB Views: 627
26.2 KB Views: 577