Resource icon

Multi-Language web page in few seconds 1.0.1

No permission to download

Gopala Subramanium

Gopala Subramanium submitted a new resource:

Multi-Language web page in few seconds (version 1.0.0) - Multi-Language web page in few seconds

Very quickly make your web-page multi-language using Google Translate.

Demo: https://www.fixmystuff.in/FMS_Forum/

Put this code in the place where you want to put your translate option. I have put it in Logo Header region so that it is easily accessible to all users.

In logo_block:
Code:
<div class="google">
<div id="google_translate_element"></div><script>
function googleTranslateElementInit() {
  new google.translate.TranslateElement({
    pageLanguage: 'en',
    layout:...

Read more about this resource...

I love this idea but the last time (in vB) I added something like this the translations were kinda laughable. Has Google translate improved enough to have good translations or is it still merely "serviceable"?

Apparently this does things like Spanish very well. Finnish? Not so much. The quote from one of my Finnish users is: "Okay, tried it... and stopped it before the horrible translations would make my brain hemorrhage."

So it works in that it translates, but it's translating into "Googlese" and tends to butcher the more exotic languages. I'll be leaving it on and this works just as advertised, but don't expect perfect translations.

Oh, and I added this to my sidebar by making it a widget. I created a template called "translate" and then in the AdminCP -> Appearance -> Add Widget. I've attached a screenshot of how I set the widget. Works gangbusters.

translate.webp

When I click to download, the link opens an attachment... link broken?
Not exactly. You need to read the full Resource Description.

There is no installer for this, you need to make the template edits yourself.

Gopala Subramanium updated Multi-Language web page in few seconds with a new update entry:

Multi-Language web page in few seconds [Widget]

Very quickly make your web-page multi-language using Google Translate.

Demo: https://www.fixmystuff.in/FMS_Forum/

Put this code in the place where you want to put your translate option. I have put it in Logo Header region so that it is easily accessible to all users.

Installation:
  • Upload contents of upload folder to root directory, overwriting any existing files.
  • Install addon-googleTranslate file.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello -

I am attempting to install this add-on and I can't seem to get it to work. Any help would be appreciated. I completed the following step:

1. Added the provided code to "logo_block"
  2. Added the provided code to "EXTRA.css"
  3. Uploaded the "upload" folder to the root directory
  4. Attempted to install the "addon-googleTranslate.xml" file through the Admin Control Panel. However when I click on Install Add-On I receive the message "Please enter a valid callback method."
Thanks

You've not followed the instructions correctly.

You upload the contents of the upload folder (not the upload folder, just what is inside it).

We are trying to get this installed correctly and are having a couple challenges.

1st issue is when installing this add on to the header, it pushed everything down causing a bit of overlap. 2nd issue is every time the page loads in the very top you get the Google translate box that states "this page has been translated from english to german (or whatever language you choose), is there a way to stop that from popping up at the very top?

Thanks for your help on these things, and if you want to see them in action, the site is www.trabantforums.com

Hi, I visited your site, this is happening primarily because of the Header Logo. You need to increase the header tab height, goto AdminCP >> Appearance >> Styles >> Style Property >> Header and Navigation and increase the height till you get to the desired look. Hope this helps.

Thank you for responding and sorry for my delayed response. I went in and tried to fix it and we still had the same overlapping error even when we adjusted the header height and logo height.

I am wondering if there may be an error we are missing in the script or somewhere else?

Thanks.

before installing the addon...anyone has any experience translating from dutch to us and what it looks like in terms of good translation?

It uses Google Translate so just go to https://translate.google.com/ and paste in a Dutch website URL. That will translate the site for you. That'll be the same translation as this add-on provides.

yes. that is stupid of me.......just need vacation. This translation is very bad from NL-US.

as a matter of fact my site is already NL-US but im searching for a way where members can easily choose their language of choice...there's no such add on yet

Top Bottom