Resource icon

Multi-Language web page in few seconds 1.0.1

No permission to download
When there are two selectable languages, in the bottom right corner click on the current language and that will bring up a window to allow you to change it.

When there are two selectable languages, in the bottom right corner click on the current language and that will bring up a window to allow you to change it.

Yes but no living creature will ever find this in the bottom right. it has to be in a user friendly position where everybody sees it

I can absolutely assure you that thousands of said living creatures have found it before. I don't know why I said bottom right. I meant bottom left (too early in the morning!). It's also the same place where a living creature would change their style if you used multiple styles.

Registered members can also find it in their Preferences (if multiple languages are set up):

upload_2014-6-27_15-41-11.webp

Failing that, you should post in the Styling and Customisations forum saying you want help moving the link to somewhere more prominent (and tell people who may read that thread WHERE that prominent location is) and I'm sure someone will point you in the right direction.

I can absolutely assure you that thousands of said living creatures have found it before. I don't know why I said bottom right. I meant bottom left (too early in the morning!). It's also the same place where a living creature would change their style if you used multiple styles.

Registered members can also find it in their Preferences (if multiple languages are set up):

View attachment 76687

Failing that, you should post in the Styling and Customisations forum saying you want help moving the link to somewhere more prominent (and tell people who may read that thread WHERE that prominent location is) and I'm sure someone will point you in the right direction.

Thanks for the explanation. Believe me when I say most people are just too stupid ;-) ;-) when it comes to usability. I run another website that is so incredibly easy....still people cannot find some functions. I will ask a designer to stle a button for me and a popup screen where people can choose their preferred language

my site is already multi language.....i only need someone who is willing to develop a big language selector button on the site so people can easily see the button
I need a good translation because my site is only Dutch and the bing translate works good enough for me.
But how to add this function in the forums?

*update
Fixed :-)

Last edited:
This doesn't really work properly on mobile devices, you can't see all the languages that are available, even when the phone is in landscape mode. Can't see Spanish at all. I guess you could add it as a side widget and then hide on mobile devices.
Screenshot_20161204-161441.webp

Last edited:

View attachment 76687

Hi Chris but the option you mean, translate the interface of the site and not the contents (of posts) in it.
Is that that must be translated to show your page contents just translated for each different languages.

Top Bottom