1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't Fix Mozilla Firefox Page Shift Issue

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Amaury, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

This is a browser issue I previously brought up here, which was resolved by @Mike. However, he mentioned that his fix, which would be in XenForo 1.2, might cause other issues and may have to revert it.

The issue is still present on the site mentioned in the hyperlink above, which is now on XenForo 1.2.4, and I'm not sure if Mike had to revert his fix or if his fix simply didn't work.

Also, as I mentioned in the previous thread regarding this, it works correctly sometimes in Mozilla Firefox, but the majority of the time it doesn't.

Please watch this video in full screen and 1080p:
  2. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

You're voice shy as well :p

I can't actually see the issue, can you elaborate?

3. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Oh, I just didn't add any sound.

As for the issue, the video's pretty self-explanatory, but check out the thread I hyperlinked in the OP here.
  4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Can you reproduce this here?

We have a workaround in place that scrolls you to the correct location on page load if the page hasn't been scrolled. If the page shifts after that though (JS, ads, etc), there's nothing we can really do. As such, I don't think there's much we can do.
    Amaury likes this.
  5. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

I showed that in the video, and does indeed work here and all other XenForo sites I visit. :) For some reason, it doesn't on KH-Vids.

Maybe it's something specific to that site? @mistypants, anything you can take a look at on your end when you have a chance?
  6. mistypants

mistypants Well-Known Member

I am unable to reproduce the problem, and therefore can't troubleshoot it much. It seems like an issue on your end, as I've told you.
    Amaury likes this.
  7. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

I don't think you ever commented on this particular issue, actually. :p

In any case, I'll see if I can troubleshoot some more over on KH-V.