1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mozilla Firefox 29.0.1

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Amaury, May 10, 2014.

1. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

According to the update history, it was installed yesterday at 10:38 PM, but it didn't go through until I opened Mozilla Firefox this morning.

Anyway, Mozilla Firefox has updated from 28.0 to 29.0.1, and I am loving the new look.

upload_2014-5-10_7-33-15.png

Adam Howard likes this.
  2. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

I updated to 29 at school (where I use FF because Chrome crashes).

Reminds me of chrome...

I use chrome mainly.

3. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

I love how fast the thing is; a massive improvement over the old one. I wish, it didn't go with the "curved" texture look, tho. The design was fine as is.

Not many issues with the release other than the small hitches here and there.

Adam Howard likes this.
  4. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

And the black arrow icon that shows in the tab when a video is playing on YouTube was fixed!

5. 0ptima

0ptima Well-Known Member

I updated today and for a moment I thought I was in Chrome!

6. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

I'm glad 29.01 came out because 29.0.0 was buggy as hell.
    Its annoying that the tabs show part of the page title and the active page title no longer shows.

Adam Howard likes this.
  7. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

I've been working on v30 for a while now (from night to aurora to now beta) and I'm worried about what stable will be.... Something 'odd' happens when Firefox reaches stable. I don't know what they do with the code, but everything works smoothly until it reaches stable.
    :cautious:

8. Cambion

Cambion Well-Known Member

Not really feeling the Chrome look(Chrome sucks) but I am digging the new update for Firefox.

personally I use Metro IE 11, which for the most part is superior for me, but since I dislike Chrome, FF is my alternative for the few times sites crap out with using IE

9. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

You shouldn't even be using Internet Explorer at the present time, as there's currently a critical security vulnerability in all versions.

10. whynot

whynot Well-Known Member

It's gone a week ago.
    Microsoft patch up all versions, including even XP.

Amaury likes this.
  11. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Oh, good.

12. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

I upgraded from FireFox-version 29.0 towards 29.0.1 yesterday and now FireFox is loading all websites extremely slow.
    It is soooo slow, I can not even work on my XenForo-Forum.

Is there any way to downgrade back to version 29.0 ?

Hard to understand that this world only offers 4 Browsers (IE ? FireFox ? Chrome ? Opera ?)

Is there any slim-styled (without all the bells and whistles) but secure browser available ?

:coffee:

13. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

What add-on (or plug-ins) do you have installed?
    Screenshot_1.png

14. whynot

whynot Well-Known Member

15. Sador

Sador Well-Known Member

Safari? Palemoon? Aviator? And I'm sure there's lots lesser known ones as well. Plenty of browsers in the sea.

16. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

Most browsers out there are based off of of Chrome or Firefox, including Opera now.

Palemoon is Chromium based, and Aviator is Firefox based.

Adam Howard likes this.
  17. Sador

Sador Well-Known Member

No arguing there, just thought the 'there are only 4 browsers' comment wasn't entirely true.

18. Just upgraded to the new firefox verision 29.0.1 and am having no issues what so ever.

19. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Well-Known Member

Upgraded and it doesn't reek of 2000 so that is a good start. Still tries to look like Chrome so I will just keep using Chrome.

20. Sador

Sador Well-Known Member

Okay, I'll say this.. developers should really stop using the same setup for ages and then suddenly change it, without a way to change it back. That just makes people hate you.

Thank god there's addons to fix it.